Request to call Mazda Corp: For Live Traffic

Completely unsatisfactory response to my email to Mazda Customer Care.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to contact Mazda.

With regards to your concern, Live Traffic Services is not a feature currently available through the Mazda Connect System. Mazda is looking into other alternatives but there is not ETA as to when these type of services may become available.
In the meantime we do encourage you to access your vehicle's HD Traffic Map for traffic information. This service allows drivers the ability to see a local traffic map with green, yellow, and red flow patterns of the current conditions. Simply go to the Applications Menu in your Mazda Connect System.

http://hdradio.com/blog/first-mazda-vehicle-hd-radio-audio-and-data

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing you but do appreciate your suggestion and have forwarded your request to our Product Planning team for further review and evaluation. Your feedback is very important as we are always looking for ways to continually improve our great products and services.

Ha! funny I have the 16 Mazda CX-5 GT and even this doesn't work for me...it comes up with a blank screen...no traffic map. Thanks Mazda!

Here is a response I got:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

I apologize for the frustration that this may be causing you but I can assure you that a no time has Mazda advertised Live Traffic as an available feature found in the 2016 Mazda CX-5. If you would like, we can file a complaint against Gxxxxxx Mazda should you feel that they provided you with incorrect information. Please let me know on how you would like me to proceed.

Sincerely,

Jose F.
Representative, Customer Experience
Ext. 1180

That seems to go against what others are saying in this thread in the printed literature they received. I no longer have a copy of the printed sales brochure with the Real-Time Traffic blurb on page 10. I need to go pick up a crush washer at the parts counter at my dealership, so I'll check if they have any brochures on display and grab one to check for the RT Traffic blurb.

EDIT: Just noticed the download link for the brochure a few posts up. Thanks! I'll see what he says.

Last edited:
Maybe they are actually listening? Mazda just sent me a "follow up" survey about this "issue". So I completed it, being sure to emphasize that this feature was a selling point of the OEM navigation system. Maybe they'll sort it out in time for the next facelift...ha.

Maybe they are actually listening? Mazda just sent me a "follow up" survey about this "issue". So I completed it, being sure to emphasize that this feature was a selling point of the OEM navigation system. Maybe they'll sort it out in time for the next facelift...ha.

That's interesting. Hopefully, they'll do something about it quickly.

we were told up front at the dealership in april 2015 that the 'live traffic' wasn't available as mazda had changed nav data providers AFTER the brochures etc were printed

What the Hell?? Mazda folks actually follow this forum it seems. I received a call from them requesting me POLITELY to stop articulating false stuff live live traffic being available in marketing materials, etc. Also, it seems they are starting to pay attention....

Well the online brochure has the wording of:

"/ NAVIGATE /
Our convenient available factory-integrated Mazda
Navigation System offers the advanced features
of today’s navigation devices, including voice
command and advanced lane guidance. And getting
around town—or out of town—has never been easier
thanks to the system’s 3D interactive map with
step-by-step audio directions. "

Maybe I should review a cached version of the file to compare......

What the Hell?? Mazda folks actually follow this forum it seems. I received a call from them requesting me POLITELY to stop articulating false stuff live live traffic being available in marketing materials, etc. Also, it seems they are starting to pay attention....

False? I bought my CX-5 in mid-July and picked up a brochure to put in the file I keep for purchase & maintenance information. It clearly states on page 18: Control the system and view information on the 7-inch full-color touch-screen display. Also enjoy access to standard USB audio input ports and an available factory-integrated navigation system with cutting-edge features such as voice command, real time traffic alerts and advanced lane guidance.

In small print on the back cover there is a disclaimer regarding equipment and option changes without notice. However, it continues: Your Mazda dealer is your best source for information.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the sales person DID NOT let me know there is no live traffic. Why would anyone assume this feature isn't included in a "cutting-edge" system?

Last edited:
we were told up front at the dealership in april 2015 that the 'live traffic' wasn't available as mazda had changed nav data providers AFTER the brochures etc were printed

Wow, that's impressive! A car dealership that is actually familiar with the products they sell!

I'm stunned!

To Whom It May Concern,

It has been brought to my knowledge, as well as my own realization that I am missing a key feature that I was sold on in my 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech Package. This feature would be real time traffic alerts. A feature that was not only informed and sold to me by my dealership, but also presents itself in the brochure for the 2016 CX-5 as being available. When clearly it is not. The HD radio map is not real time traffic alerts, and rarely ever loads and works. I find this to be unacceptable and am wondering what Mazda is doing to resurrect this issue. Are there any plans to include this feature that I was already sold on when I purchased this vehicle? Perhaps, if Mazda doesn't want to include their own stated features, an upgrade to Android Auto would solve this. Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Best,
xxxxxx

Rather curious as to why no one bothered to test this "Live Traffic" feature during their, well, test drive of the vehicle?
After all the well documented merde with the Infotainment unit & iPod/Phone integration in the earlier CX-5 releases.....

Wow, that's impressive! A car dealership that is actually familiar with the products they sell!
actually i mis-spoke ;)
the sales rep knew all the stuff, 2 of them did really (ours drove a 6, the other had both a 6 and a cx-5)
our primary one is a certified auto tech and a car buff, and was super knowledgeable and helpful - perhaps more so than the dealership liked as the sales mgr we had to drag into the negotiation phase kept shooting dirty looks about our pricing offers and how much we knew about the vehicle (and negotiations LOL)

generally tho - most service, sales, parts staff have been pretty good in their own expertise area but then my buyer persona is a mix of "golly, what does that mean" and semi knowledgeable consumer who keeps asking questions until i get close to the no BS answers i need, plus a healthy dose of caveat emptor thrown in

generally tho - most service, sales, parts staff have been pretty good in their own expertise area but then my buyer persona is a mix of "golly, what does that mean" and semi knowledgeable consumer who keeps asking questions until i get close to the no BS answers i need, plus a healthy dose of caveat emptor thrown in

I'm just impressed that they told you up front the printed brochures were out of date w/ regards to live traffic updates!

Rather curious as to why no one bothered to test this "Live Traffic" feature during their, well, test drive of the vehicle?
After all the well documented merde with the Infotainment unit & iPod/Phone integration in the earlier CX-5 releases.....

There is just no way to test everything in a car in a short test drive. I'd have to borrow the car for a week to get a good sense of feeling of everything. But during a test drive, live traffic isn't a very important thing to test for relative to all the other critical aspects of the car that one should be focusing on.

There is just no way to test everything in a car in a short test drive. I'd have to borrow the car for a week to get a good sense of feeling of everything. But during a test drive, live traffic isn't a very important thing to test for relative to all the other critical aspects of the car that one should be focusing on.

Considering the interest this thread has generated, may be it should have been included.
Take it as a learning experience and apply it to your next vehicle purchase.

I specifically asked and was told yes. Subsequent to which was also told see here's the OVERVIEW (HD Traffic). Its updated every 5 min or so (and the screen did say updated now) and the input from here flows into the navigation system. Now, NO ONE will question that since that's what an INTEGRATED system means.

I specifically asked and was told yes. Subsequent to which was also told see here's the OVERVIEW (HD Traffic). Its updated every 5 min or so (and the screen did say updated now) and the input from here flows into the navigation system. Now, NO ONE will question that since that's what an INTEGRATED system means.

Integrated but is it " Live Traffic"?

Request to call mazda corp: For live traffic

jhu8, I agree with you. Besides, shouldn't we trust a world-wide car manufacture like Mazda who publicly stated the feature in the sales brochure? Who would think Mazda would do false advertisement?! BMW misstated the specs of premium HK audio system on 2 series and ended up paid the owners $300+- later for compensation.

Real time traffic alerts is a feature we need to test only if you'd like to find out whether it's convenient to use. Testing it just to find out if the navigation system has this feature or not is unrealistic! Therefore not testing it is pretty normal.

jhu8, I agree with you. Besides, shouldn't we trust a world-wide car manufacture like Mazda who publicly stated the feature in the sales brochure? Who would think Mazda would do false advertisement?! BMW misstated the specs of premium HK audio system on 2 series and ended up paid the owners $300+- later for compensation.

Real time traffic alerts is a feature we need to test only if you'd like to find out whether it's convenient to use. Testing it just to find out if the navigation system has this feature or not is unrealistic! Therefore not testing it is pretty normal.

Yeah exactly, and Mazda should do something about this. We should be able to trust Mazda on what they're advertising on their vehicles. At first I didn't think much about this thread and this issue, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how unacceptable it is. Just imagine if all companies started doing this. It's not even a complicated, advanced feature either. Just give us Android Auto and than will leave you alone.

Integrated but is it " Live Traffic"?

Let me make this clear - if the traffic was integrated, the route would have showed in when it's in the navigation mode. As the updates happen approx. every 10 min., I am quite satisfied. In this case - it's a stand alone screen with NO connection to the real-time navigation.

Back