[REQ] '08.5 Sirius receiver/ACI pinout

Fenrir

:
08.5 Mazdaspeed3, Black Mica
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a pinout for the '08.5 MS3 Sirius/ACI box? I recently sold my headunit to a friend who has an '04 MZ3 and was looking to utilize the ACI (sirius is not really required, but more of a 'if it works, why not?' kinda thing). I've pulled the switchbox out and wired as much of the harness back together as I could manage, but I have 3 brown wires with green stripes left that I'm not sure where to connect. My current status with everything wired up is this:

-Sirius box is connected to aux port on back of headunit.
-I have the two power(signal?) lines (unsure which is which, I matched the colors- grey w/red stripe and blue w/red stripe, highlighted in the picture) connected to the OEM harness, which powers the Sirius box and the Sirius button on the head unit works

-I have the ACI jack wired in, except the two brown w/green stripe wires
-The Media button on the head unit does nothing.

See picture for how I have it wired up, any info would be appreciated. I've searched through every Sirius/Aux input thread on this forum to no avail. I can't find someone who has installed an '08.5 head unit into an <'08 car. The switchbox required for the earlier models won't do me any good.

2011-09-06_16-37-17_778.jpg
2011-09-06_16-37-11_99.jpg

Last edited:
Well part of the problem you're going to run into is that while the '08.5 HU will operate in the '04 car the LCD isn't going to light up. In '04-'05 the LCD was wired off of the HU. In '06 this wiring was removed and they added an independent wiring harness to plug into the LCD. That way you can also remove the HU but retain the LCD to display your HVAC info. (if you have ACC).

As far as the switchbox I'm not really sure.

I'm transplanting the whole system into the '04. My headunit + related accessories. The '08.5 headunit itself hooks up to the '04 harness and works just fine, with LCD output. The problem is getting the Media button to function properly. I did some more digging and discovered that the brown w/ green wires EDIT: MAY need to be shorted out to create the logic that the AIC is plugged in. Seeing as the headunit is in Ohio, and I'm in IL I was hoping for a little more definite answer before driving all the way out there to complete the install :)

Appreciate the response though!

i was always wondering bout sirus xm we have on our gt models. is it free an all or there some kind limit to it or what?

Back