Replacement for G91a tires

The new model for our 19" size Michelin is the Primacy Tour A/S. Its much better tire for the CX5 but expensive.
Didnt you have warranty on the LTX?
The only Michelin which have lasted its miles that I have had is the Defender LTX but on other cars. The Premier series have always been so so..a compromise.

It has been my experience that tires typically come up a little short of their mileage warranty. Of course everyone's driving style varies but I believe it's by design from the tire manufacturers. What a great way to get your customer back for another set of YOUR product! Offer up a small ($10-$30) "adjustment" off of LIST price (which brings the tire price to what you would pay anyway) and you have a happy customer and you just sold 4 more tires :) Win / Win

The new model for our 19" size Michelin is the Primacy Tour A/S. Its much better tire for the CX5 but expensive.
Didnt you have warranty on the LTX?
The only Michelin which have lasted its miles that I have had is the Defender LTX but on other cars. The Premier series have always been so so..a compromise.
I could have had the LTX's pro rated into a new set but I traded in on a new CX-5 and the dealer didn't question their wear, so then I was back to the fast wearing OEM Toyo's again!! It was really too bad about the LTX's as the review's on them initially were fairly good overall, especially for ride quality. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I vaguely remember that the Primacy Tour's are more expensive than the LTX's. I must enquire with my tire dealer about them. But, from what I'm now reading I'm thinking that the Conti CC LX25's may be a better bang for the buck.

@hal2 Holy crap you're right! I knew I recognized those 2 legs and paws coming from the front of my car! :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I am old enough to remember those commercials. ;)

I also remember Uni, Roy, and Al!

I think the Altimax RT43 are incredibly overrated. You'll lost a lot of that crisp handling feel, they're pretty mushy tires.

I think the Altimax RT43 are incredibly overrated. You'll lost a lot of that crisp handling feel, they're pretty mushy tires.
Remember each tire is designed differently and Mazda’s recommended tire pressures are for stock tires. Usually you need to add 2 ~ 3 psi over Mazda recommended tire pressure to get much better performance with General AltiMAX RT43’s, especially on 225/65R17 102H. General AltiMAX RT43 H-rated comes with 51 psi maximum inflation pressure and adding 2 ~ 3 psi more on tire pressure is absolutely safe.

Also on 225/65R17, there’re 2 totally different General AltiMAX RT43’s. You want to get H-rated instead of T-rated or you have inferior tires.

And $50 Visa prepaid card manufacture rebate on purchasing General AltiMAX RT43 tires between 3/1/2021 ~ 4/30/2021 helps to bring down the very expensive tire replacement cost for a set of decent tires.

Back