Replacement Fogs Found

Mad Mike

:
Pro5
I went to my closest Advance Auto parts store today to grab some bulbs for my wifes caliber and got to looking at foglights that might work in the P5 since I broke one the other day. Long story short is that I found an EXACT replacement. The brackets are the same, lenses are the same, bulb is the same.

They are made by Pilot. and were $39.88
part # on receipt says NV200C
on the box it has nv200c and 735 5756
it is a full kit that includes bracket, lens, wiring, switch and relay too. plus a chrome trim piece and H3 bulbs.

Here are some pics: First is the box they come in. Second is the lens and bracket. Look familiar? BTW. The chrome trim looked like s*** on my car.

Attachments

• IMG00076.jpg
    IMG00076.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG00078.jpg
    IMG00078.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 384
I'll vouch for these. Last summer someone also got the same exact ones and told us how they were a perfect fit. There's a how to on them. I actually have a pair of these sitting in my basement just in case.

Are they more powerful? Any cutting or splicing of wires?

I went to my closest Advance Auto parts store today to grab some bulbs for my wifes caliber and got to looking at foglights that might work in the P5 since I broke one the other day. Long story short is that I found an EXACT replacement. The brackets are the same, lenses are the same, bulb is the same.

They are made by Pilot. and were $39.88
part # on receipt says NV200C
on the box it has nv200c and 735 5756
it is a full kit that includes bracket, lens, wiring, switch and relay too. plus a chrome trim piece and H3 bulbs.

Here are some pics: First is the box they come in. Second is the lens and bracket. Look familiar? BTW. The chrome trim looked like s*** on my car.

So, did you mount them on your brush guard or light bar? (burnout)

Actually my lenses are full of stone chips too, thanks for the info.

So, did you mount them on your brush guard or light bar? (burnout)

Actually my lenses are full of stone chips too, thanks for the info.

I actually cut holes in the lower grille and slapped em in there. Rollin 4 foglights. RALLY STYLE!

No cutting or splicing. My Wife says they are alot brighter than they were, but I raised the beam up more too. All I did was take my old bulbs and put them in the new lens and connected the power and ground wire and that was it. I had to do no re wiring like in the old thread posted above. glad I didn't pay 130 EACH at the stealer.

Nah. I'm kidding. It was a good thought and still might look into something like that. since I have the lower grille out for replacement because the previous owner painted it silver and is flaking off bad so I'm just going to grab a new one.

wow man AWSOME find... I have a hole in my drivers side fog light and the last rain we got they shorted out, so I needed new ones and I dint want to pay 140 at the stealership for new ones... saved me alot of money and for that sir I thank you.

... saved me alot of money and for that sir I thank you.

you are welcome :)

here are the final results. just put them in!

two things i noticed:
1.) i was gonna put em in w/o the chrome shell, but the light wouldn't stay on securely with just the screw. guess you NEED the chrome shell now.
2.) seems they've changed the wiring inside the truck lights. removal of the main wire (white) is impossible now on truck lights. to get it to fit the OEM harness, just flatten the copper end. after it's flat, just use a pair of scissors to match the size of the OEM copper end. worked for me. sorry no pictures, but you'll get what i mean when you disassemble it.

23tgghc.jpg

Last edited:
+1

I picked up a pair of these lights this weekend and followed the instructions in the link above (which were 100% correct, btw). The only thing I had to do different was tighten the female end of the stock connectors (bulb side) so they would fit nice and snug on the new bulb/ground connections.

Total time from start to end was roughly 45 minutes (and that's with my 6, 4 and 2 year old kids "helping" me). I left off the chrome trim rings, SWMBO thought they looked like shoite.

The lights are a hair smaller than stock but look and function perfectly. I just wish I had a PepBoys nearby so I could have taken advantage of the coupon listed above. As it was, I got the lights from Advance Auto for $43 and change (after tax).

Peace!
Bengoshi2000

i was gonna put em in w/o the chrome shell, but the light wouldn't stay on securely with just the screw. guess you NEED the chrome shell now.

theres always a way around it, good old apoxy, or super glue, any clear adhesive that is weather and heat resistant should work...

Back