Repainting Interior Question :o ...Need some help D:

Hello all since im new to this...got my ms6 about 6 months ago and i love it..im doing alot of mods to it and decided to repaint pieces of the interior such as the plastic to open the door from the inside, the vent edges, the outside of the speedometer area, the 2 pieces on the steering wheel that have the buttons for volume/cruise control, and some other pieces. BUTTTT it seems like some of those pieces are have a plastic carbon fiber kinda look to them and i was woundering how it would look if i painted over that stuff...If it would look ok ...should i use any special kind of paint, and is it pron to chipping or fading .. ??

A little new on the whole interior painting but cant be that hard....maybe?

Any help from someone who has done it or at least has an idea of what im talking about ...

Looking for something like
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2592/1961/31478480094_large.jpg

Thxs for the help :)

In my experience. Some time after painting interior trim it starts to get chipped and scratched up, then it just looks crappy and cheap. Leave it the way it is and don't make it look like the picture you posted. I prefer the look of the stock trim to be honest i like the graphite type look, it's kind of different.

that doesnt look repainted to me.. that looks like custom plastic pieces or something along those lines.. idn maybe not tho.

thats rattlecan job, the dash has orangepeel on it. they didnt wetsand it, looks horrible. belongs in the rice section imo

I guess it just depends, I like my two tone interior because it came stock from the factory. If I was trying to do something like that myself I doubt I could make it look nearly as good. What colors are you planning on doing? Heres a few shots of the stock two tone:
2006_Mazdaspeed_6_interior.jpg

ms6seats.jpg

And heres a few shots of "The Great NY"s (Justin's) custom interior:
20090926-DSCN4231.jpg

20090926-DSCN4233.jpg

I know his isn't stock, and it's not red and black but it's been done before... Hope this helps a bit.

I love the interior of the ms6 stock, that is like one big reason I love my car, it looks so classy, I would not mess with the interior, specially if your going to spray paint it, I would only switch the graphite trim for an actual carbon fiber layover. I agree that red interior looks Ghey.

Back