Rempoval of rear interior quarter panel

BRITD

:
Mazda Cx9
Trying to change the rear shocks on my wife's Cx9 however I can't find out how to remove the rear quarter panel to access the top bolt of the shock.

I think you will need to take out the rear floor/cubby and the two rear seats.

I think you will need to take out the rear floor/cubby and the two rear seats.

I think you're right SHCX-9, dang never imagined it would be a full blown job just to get to the rear shock nuts !! see below

TRUNK SIDE TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION link has links to procedures "a" to "f" which includes taking out the 3rd row seats, this is crazy, I wonder how much dealer charges for this, if it's reasonable I'll let them do it when the time comes to replace my rear shocks

BRITD: PM me if you need the procedures, the files are too big to post.

Avidien removing the panels and rear seats is not that hard. The hardest part is getting the first nut the top one off the top of the shock. I had to use a pipe for leverage. Once you get that one off the one beneath it is easy. I used a small wrench to hold the stem while i was getting the top nut off. The drivers side is easier because i used the body panel to hold the wrench in place while i was turning the socket with the pipe to loosen the nut. The other side i had someone hold the wrench since it turns in the direction toward the drivers side.

Back