Removing the Oil feed line..Help Please.

Vangpride

:
03 P5 - Midnight Blue
I know its at the back of the block but how would i go about removing it? I need a new oil line. I'm thinking of trying to remove my intake manifold but if there's an easier way i would much do that before attempting to remove the intake Manifold. Need help ASAP. Thanks for any input and suggestions! (2thumbs)

Edit: Not to mention it'll be my first time removing the intake manifold and i heard it takes a long time for the first timers. So i would much prefer a easier way..

Last edited:
I hate removing the IM because you will spend a ridiculous amount of time scraping the old gasket material off. You may not have a choice, I have never removed it while the IM was installed.

If you can lift the car high enough so you can maneuver under it you can do it from underneath pretty easily, if you need more space you can take the subframe brace off only 4 bolts much easier then removing the intake mani.

i can probably lift the car higher. would it be near the oil filter for our cars? Where am i looking for? Im going to try and follow the braided line.

Update: Can't seem to locate the line properly. Does it go over the oil filter..? Somehow the threads on the nut on our OE oil line(into the turbo oil feed hole) got stripped somehow. I have not the slightest clue how that happen....

Last edited:
if I am not mistaken by needing to do the same thing with my MSP I have read that the MSP factory oil feed line uses a british standard fitting which is a pain as most of the aftermarket feed lines are an AN fitment. if this is the case as I am sure most of the MSP owners that have done a big turbo upgrade have found this out. your best bet might be to cap off that oiling bung and get a oiling plate setup from either prosport or mishimoto. I have the prosport plate and it has 4 AN fitting holes to use for any of your aftermarket oiling needs ( i.e. new oil feed line, oil pressure guage etc.)

good luck and if I find anything easier I will share

thanks protege5,20inch for the pics, they helped me a lot

i believe OEM is NPT not BSPT. either way, its not AN.

iirc, they "can" all fit up, but won't seal as well. AN is a 37* taper NPT is 45* and BSPT is 60*(?). use a s*** load of thread tape if you want to force it, or get adapters. you'll live.

also, jack the car up and take out the subframe brace. it sucks but you can do it.

i believe OEM is NPT not BSPT. either way, its not AN.

iirc, they "can" all fit up, but won't seal as well. AN is a 37* taper NPT is 45* and BSPT is 60*(?). use a s*** load of thread tape if you want to force it, or get adapters. you'll live.

also, jack the car up and take out the subframe brace. it sucks but you can do it.
It's NPT.

would there be an issue with just cutting and plugging the factory oil feed line instead of going through the hassle of removing it from the back of the block. I already have a new oil feed line as well as a oil pressure gauge so would it give me any issues (i.e. false oil pressure readings, CEL's, etc.)

okay so once the factory oil line is removed what to do with the oil pressure sending unit. if left unplugged will there be any issues. do I have to remove that from the back of the block as well or can I leave it there and just unplug. I am not using it for oil with my new turbo I am using a oiling plate

and of course it never fails I try to work on this seemingly never ending project ( down since September ) on my days off and every one of my days off have been fridgedly cold ( high of 21 today )

I would cap the fitting where the line was or if you are running a full standalone and don't need the stock oil pressure sensor you could remove the entire thing from the block and plug the hole.

Back