removing speed governor

CreatureCore said:
Why would you even remove it? When are you going to find a stretch of road where you are going to be going over 155?

i lvie in canada lots of open roads .my buddys got a 03 mustang gt and im SICK of him toying with me on the highway. what do u mean 155 , it governs at 200kph or 110 mph

THATS HILARIOUS! man..i swear...hahahah. i've had my car 140, and it wasn't hitting the stock ecu's governor..i'm more than willing to bet you, knowledge007, that "mikey's", haha i like that, ms6 does indeed do 168.

edit: (friday)

this guy has a regular 6 it's a 6s so i assume it's the v6

i've had my g/f's speedo up to 125 in her 6s hatch...... i guess canada gets different restrictors? though I wouldn't see why.

if it's legal in canada to remove a speed governor than you can.......but you may need to get a piggy back or an EMS..... i'm not too aware of regular mazda6's

pHeeL tHiZ ViBe said:
THATS HILARIOUS! man..i swear...hahahah. i've had my car 140, and it wasn't hitting the stock ecu's governor..i'm more than willing to bet you, knowledge007, that "mikey's", haha i like that, ms6 does indeed do 168.

edit: (friday)

I never said that it could not be done. What you think I haven't done 140...please its nothing but a breez with the setup I have. I have my reasons for not falling for this crap...

knowledge007 said:
I never said that it could not be done. What you think I haven't done 140...please its nothing but a breez with the setup I have. I have my reasons for not falling for this crap...

what about the setup that ms6mike has? hmmm ?

from what i'm told, the unichip with a dealer flash can remove the gov on the V6, but it hasn't been shown by an owner that i know of yet.

for the 6i, you can go with the Haltech or the Microtech to tune as well as remove the gov. i've had mine up to 145 with room to go, just afraid of that wobbly cf hood.

speed6, not sure yet if anyone has cracked it. Xede, CPE standback, COBB...haven't seen anything. but as stated, not too much reason to crack a 150 gov i'd guess.

Just because the engine will take you beyond the governer doesn't mean you should. There are other issues at hand such as tire rating, suspension, and down force which would make going beyond the governer unsafe. In fact, I can't believe you people are actually going beyond 100mph on public roads.

Chasing your friend in his mustang is all well and good until a deer jumps out in front of you and you realize you can't stop or make any sort of maneuver without rolling the car 20 times in the process.

if someone asked if it was safe to take a stock 6 to that speed the answers might be different....just asked how to bypass it i thought??

i'm hoping to crack 150 next year. at the last event we had at Cal Speedway where were a few cars cracking into teh 160 range. including a turbo duratec focus.

MrTea said:
from what i'm told, the unichip with a dealer flash can remove the gov on the V6, but it hasn't been shown by an owner that i know of yet.

for the 6i, you can go with the Haltech or the Microtech to tune as well as remove the gov. i've had mine up to 145 with room to go, just afraid of that wobbly cf hood.

speed6, not sure yet if anyone has cracked it. Xede, CPE standback, COBB...haven't seen anything. but as stated, not too much reason to crack a 150 gov i'd guess.

XEDE and CPE have EMS, but they have to be hard-wired...... i don't like that, I'm waiting for a plugnplay either from COBB or one of the others.....

chuyler1 said:
Just because the engine will take you beyond the governer doesn't mean you should. There are other issues at hand such as tire rating, suspension, and down force which would make going beyond the governer unsafe. In fact, I can't believe you people are actually going beyond 100mph on public roads.

Chasing your friend in his mustang is all well and good until a deer jumps out in front of you and you realize you can't stop or make any sort of maneuver without rolling the car 20 times in the process.

not that i have anything to explain to someone i dont even know , but this is a fourm . and its a topic . it diddnt ask "hey can someone come tell me how to drive " i asked about removing the speed restrictor on my 6. not only that . but i dont drive fast at night . i drive the speedlimit . i race during the day on the strip. or in enclosed places . such as a 100m dash . moto x , some time trials . im new to the site . thas why i have nothing posted . i hope to have race slips from the track posted soon as its starting to get nice out . now please ,try and be a little bit more friendlier then telling me im going to crash the thing i love so much :p.

MrTea said:

what do u mean by a unichip ? and i just got a new engine put in my car . not that ill be able to try anytime soon but do they have to reflash my ecu for that ?? and i have the v6.

Latest posts

Back