removing bottom front grill.....

P54DRIDE

I want to remove the bottom grill on the front bumper, and I was wondering if anyone has any pics of how it looks. Is it hard to remove?

It just clips in place on the four corners. They're plastic clips that you have to push together to release them and then push that corner out. Kinda hard to explain. Lemme try this:
Code:
Grill  Bumper   Clip
  |      |       |
 \ /    \ /     \ /
  `      `       `
|   |-|      | ->--
That's as goods I can do until someone posts an actual pic. Once you get the four retaining clips out, pull the grill out gently. It's being held on around the vertical plastic bars behind the grill, so don't yank it off too hard.

Last edited:
sorry, no close ups, but the pic in my sig shows how it looks w/o a grill. u can remove it your self (i highly suggest removing your front bumper) but there will be clips left over that will need to be shaven off if u decide to remove the front grill altogehter. gl - chris

I can't remember if there are three or four vertical bars. I think three, so here's just a quick idea of what it'd look like. The white areas are pieces of plastic that WILL be visible. IMO, without having a body shop shave these pieces off, it looks better WITH the grill installed.
grill-removal.jpg

thanks for the pics and info. one more question. i don't have to worry about any rocks hitting my radiator?

t3ase, thats a very good drawing. about rocks and such, i hardly doubt it, unless u drive off road hehe other than that, i dont think minor debris from the road should be a problem. for my car it has been fine for the time being. gl peace - chris

Well, the grill is actually the only thing keeping rocks, snakes, children, overgrown midgets, etc. away from the radiator. So yeah, if you remove the grill, road debris has a lot easier of a time getting in there & damaging stuff.

I mean, I doubt you'd encounter much problem. People run with grills off and expossed intercoolers all of the time here. Then again, we're not in Guam. :D

Well, I want to remove it because I think without the bottom grill on the P5's front end looks like a ground kit. I already have the car dropped so I was thinking of removing it. Well, the roads on Guam aren't that bad. A few pot holes here and there, but that's about it. With the way I drive, I'm a little scared of the possible damage. I do drive fast so that's why I'm scared of something flying into my radiator at high speeds.

if you want to remove it just pull it off hard, thats what i did with mine...pull it off in all 4 corners, takes 2 seconds, personaly i wouldnt remove it incase something flies at you're radiator thats alot of money to fix, but you can always paint it or something

Last edited:
Back