Remote Starters for Manual Transmission 04 Mazda6

jrobhow09

Hey, it's that time of year again where you have to go start your car and warm it up before you actually go to work in the morning.

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea which remote start would be best for an 04 Mazda6 (5-Speed). I'm really interested in the CompuStar
2W900FM-AS model and the Viper 5002 model (I want a new alarm system as well) but I want to install it myself and I've heard bypassing the clutch would be difficult. If anyone has any advice or experience on this topic your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you know any easier ways that would be great also. Thanx

Your not supposed to use most (all?) of the viper models on a manual transmission. But it is fairly easy to do so. You just hook everything up like normal, but then there should be some wire that is grounded whenever the car is in neutral. You will need to run this wire to one of the inputs on the viper. This makes it so that the car will only start when the car is in neutral. Then you need to hook up a wire to bypass the clutch safety switch. This is just a matter of either a relay or connecting the right output to the alarm. The key is making sure that your car has a wire that indicates if the car is in neutral. I'm not sure if the Mazda3 has this or not.

Of course you wouldn't be able to start the car remotely unless it is in gear.

Would it be the same for the Compustar model, because that is what I prefer to use. I'll only get the Viper if that's my last option

illegal i think in tx to have remote start on manual vehicles - i seen so many accidents from ppl remote starting and leaving it in gear with no e-brake on.

This setup would really worry me, first of all i dont like to park it in neutral with or without the e-brake. A buddy of mine has a ms mx5 miata his car actually rolled into mine cause his e-brake failed some how.

Second a lady here at work has automatic start on her ford 500 and it will start at random time during the day... she left for lunch one day and her car had been running all morning!

I have the Clifford 2way remote with remote start and it works perfectly for the past 1 1/2 years. you can set it up with turbo timer also just in case if you go boost in the future.

Do any of you actually know if bypassing the clutch is a difficult process though? And if you know how to do you mind PMing me how to do it. Or if you could possibly give me a website on how to it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

I bought a ''auto start CS-386i m hf'' remote start but I dont have the installation guide. The user guide is easy to find but I need help with installation. I'm an industrial electrician so I understand how it work but I need info for wiring. Anybody help!?

Just an FYI it is illegal in a lot of states if not most.

That being said, be careful. Speaking from experience. I know someone who, even with the e-brake set, if took off and destroyed his bike in the garage and stopped when it hit the back wall. He was always carefull to keep it in neutral but sh** happens and he forgot one night.

I have heard that you can now set a sensor so it won't work unless the car is in neutral. I don't know anything about it, but I believe its out there. If so, I'd highly recommend it.

no prob. Don't want to be a negative guy, glad u didn't take it that way, just didn't want to see what happened to my buddy happen to you.

In an attempt to make remote start on a manual transmission you need a minimum of two permissives to start. There needs to be an in gear sensor and an e-brake sensor. If those to conditions aren't met then remote start should not engage. This by no means is failsafe, and you could still have issues, but it should help. Try to find a system that takes these two conditions into account.

I was looking at installing it on my MS6, but there are a few to many variables for my taste. Good luck with your installs, and let us know how they turn out.

Back