Remote Starter Install

ilkhoor

Anyone tried installing the OEM remote starter in the CX-7 themselves? I was just wondering if it was worth the hassle to DIY or not. I found the remote starter & kit for about $240 online. I know its like $300 from the dealer but I dont think that includes installation. I have a pdf that showed step by step instructions on how to install it. Just wondering if its as easy as it looks. I would consider myself intermediate when it comes to most car electrical. Just a little scared to open up our new GT model with the tech package.

I don't have an electrical background so I had them installed by a pro. Somehow, the engine immobilizer malfunctioned thus not allowing the car to start. It has to be taken to the dealer for them to reset the computer and reinstall everything so don't take chances and bring it to a pro. Save yourself the pain and headache.

I was curious if anyone had the pdf installation instructions? I just bought my CX-7 and thought it had the remote start but didn't. Dealer wants $650 parts/labor to install when I can buy it for $300 from Mazda. I have installed alarms and stereos in the past but was curious how much was involved or is it worth it to pay them the extra $350?

I was curious if anyone had the pdf installation instructions? I just bought my CX-7 and thought it had the remote start but didn't. Dealer wants $650 parts/labor to install when I can buy it for $300 from Mazda. I have installed alarms and stereos in the past but was curious how much was involved or is it worth it to pay them the extra $350?

You can buy it for $235

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/store/product.php?productid=16762

And it will come with instructions...
They use to have PDF installation files posted on their web, but after redesign they dissapeared (pissed)

Remote start PDF

Hi,
Can you tell me where you found the PDF for the remote start install? I bought the Mazda one for the Mazda 3 and I have a feeling the instructions
that may come with it are likely lacking much detail. Thanks, Bill

I have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 with the remote start. Lately it does not start the Auto. It locks the doors and everything just doesn't start it. Any Ideas?
Does any have the instructions for the Remote Start?

Thanks,

Eric

I used to have the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they said that there is a service bulletin about the remote starter's harness - it's under rated to take care of the current when you have most of the options installed and the fuse is blowing up. They've replaced the harness and since then everything is OK. But first they tried to cheat on me - they've disabled the A/C and the heater when you start the car with the remote starter which makes the remote starter useless :).

About the question in thread - don't mess with after market remote starters. It'll be huge pain in the neck :). Go spend little bit more money and have the original remote starter installed.

Last edited:
Remo Start Instructions Install PDF

Here u go, here are the install instructions. I got them thanks to a seller from Fleabay who was kind to do it.

I'm new here, first Mazda(CX7) Touring/leather AWD.
I was thinking about going the same route but after I read the install instructions I opt not to.
Reasons:
All that hassle for the install and the remote will only start the car nothing else.
Only one remote incluided.
No need for a bypass module required($40 extra)

I am really handy but will go will a Viper or something else for about $275 installed. 2-way signal, two remotes and more choices like starting the defoger.

Attachments

• Remote_Start_Install_(CX7_07-09).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 16,067
Back