Remote Entry FOB

vpdag

:
2004 RX-8 M/T
My son's 2004 RX-8 Remote Entry FOB quit working, I changed the battery.. still no joy. I went onto eBay and purchased a new FOB making sure I bought the correct Part# and FCC# as his old one. I got the car into programming mode by opening the drivers door, turn key on/off 3 times, close/open drivers door 3 times and the driver's door locks and then unlocks letting you know that you are in programming mode. I next push any button twice per the instructions and nothing happens. I called the company and they sent me a new FOB and I get the same results. I even tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and then try it and got the same results. Has anyone had this same issue?? Is there something I can check under the dash?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This might help:

If you never get down to 1 "valid" key the dealer does not have to use the WDS to program them.
This is straight from the book...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Procedure

Have an additional key (key 3) ready for registration.

Using key 1, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

Verify that the security light illuminates for approx. 3 s and then goes out.

Using key 1, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position within approx. 4 s after the security light goes out.

Remove key 1

Repeat Steps 2-5 using key 2.

Repeat Steps 2-5 using key 3.

If additional keys need to be registered, repeat Steps 1-7 in the same manner as key 3.

Back