Relocate MAF

bwlknsn91

:
2003 MSP Black Mica #117
Just wondering where the best place is to relocate the MAF, as well as if the kit on *************** is worthwhile. Also, what are some of the benefits of doing so? Thanks guys!

and $65 is pretty pricey for 2 reducers and 4 clamps....and I'm not entirely sure how that even works with the stock piping since its plastic. You would need to have some aluminum piping too...

It looks like this is supposed to be used in conjunction with their hardpipes.

and $65 is pretty pricey for 2 reducers and 4 clamps....and I'm not entirely sure how that even works with the stock piping since its plastic. You would need to have some aluminum piping too...

It looks like this is supposed to be used in conjunction with their hardpipes.

Ah okay! So what would I do to relocate with stock piping?

if you dont want to do a front mount, just buy an ebay piping kit and make your own stock piping kit, it's fairly simple and a fraction of the cost.

I would suggest just getting an ebay front mount kit. Love mine.
That's what I thought. If/when I do upgrade to hardpiping, what brand do you recommend?

if you dont want to do a front mount, just buy an ebay piping kit and make your own stock piping kit, it's fairly simple and a fraction of the cost.

I would suggest just getting an ebay front mount kit. Love mine.

Yeah I'm still debating whether or not I want to buy a FMIC or just upgrade my SMIC

yeah man i could show you how i routed my front mount if you want , there is a how to on it but you just have to be creative. i love my ebay front mount too its worked out very well so far

yup, there are a lot of people who still support them and a lot of people still have good experiences with them. I used to be "sponsored" by them and got discounts on things but I called it quits with them when they told me to get a haynes manual for my car instead of helping me because they didn't know certain things about the car when they used to have a MSP as a shop car. If I were to work with a company, I would want to work with someone who was very knowledgeable about all the cars they supported. But that's the end of that. Hope I didn't start anything.

yup, there are a lot of people who still support them and a lot of people still have good experiences with them. I used to be "sponsored" by them and got discounts on things but I called it quits with them when they told me to get a haynes manual for my car instead of helping me because they didn't know certain things about the car when they used to have a MSP as a shop car. If I were to work with a company, I would want to work with someone who was very knowledgeable about all the cars they supported. But that's the end of that. Hope I didn't start anything.

Yeah, I definitely feel ya on that one man!

Latest posts

Back