regular protege motor

yes it is the same engine, it is the same compression, the only difference is the windage tray on the msp version of the engine has a oil return fitting tapped already...you'll have to tap an oil return fitting into the oil pan if you go with a regular protege motor

the fs-de is the fs-de, whether or not it's an msp or not...the fs-ze IS different, but not availible in the US as it was the higher compression version of the FS-DE used in the Japanese version of the Mazdaspeed protege...the ZE was naturally aspirated with higher compression pistons (I believe somewhere between 10-10.5:1 as opposed to 9.1:1, if I recall correctly) as well as better camshafts and a different tune...ironically it hit higher numbers on the dyno (stock vs. stock) than the turbocharged version of the DE that we got hahaha

however, the woman is right...they really can't offer a warranty on an engine that wasn't designed for a turbocharger, even if it is the same...take an n/a motor and turbocharge it and you significantly increase the chances of the motor blowing...mazda had this same warranty issue too when msp engines started blowing even when they were stock

You suck Neox, how can you say that a regular NA motor cannot be warrantied and Mazda did warranty it. What did we have in the MSP that made it so special to be boosted?

Your right, on a lot of it though.

Anomally you probably had a bad valve at first and then dropped a valve that destroyed the motor. Probably.

i finally fix that problem..... orng1 you told me it was the vac line i looked and it looked fine. i end up changing all the lines and it run steady6-7.5psi. **** it took me long time to fix it when the answer was there

I got a leak down test on the engine i'm buying....

are these good compression or w/e numbers? But i can't tell if there is a "%" after the number or if it's a one...

12%
15%
10%
12%

or it could be

Are these numbers okay?

Those are percents. Not too bad, but it's a tired old engine that's for sure.

that's cool...just called them and they said not a problem, they'll pull another and test it. He said that one was a little older looking and pretty dirty....he also said I can come in and take a look myself and check them out in person....and I will be doing that for sure..lol

At least they said it was absolutely not a problem to pull and test another. I would hope so.....

i finally fix that problem..... orng1 you told me it was the vac line i looked and it looked fine. i end up changing all the lines and it run steady6-7.5psi.

I don't know everything but I have seen this problem a few times with this car. Sometimes I'm right.

There are more than a few engine suppliers. Try a dismantler too, usually from a crashed car that was running.

smells burnt QUOTED for Jeanspeed

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->yeah i was driving with a 2007 honda si when it started to smell like something was burning. and then again in the freeway. i was going max with all the gear. but didnt see any thing wrong. do you guys had this problem??? do you guys think its the turbo going out?

No I don't think it's coolant related, maybe oil related. Can you describe the smell a little more? Like an grease fire or sort of sweet?

No one wants to answer you about a burning smell Jeanspeed. Tell me what did it smell of, burning what?

trying not to but seems that way. Jeanspeed isn't always on, he works in an oil field. When your out there your out there and no one can get a hold of you.

Bump, Jeanspeed you find out what the smell was. Was it a "Pull my finger"? LOL So coolant seems a little sweet, oil has a ugly smell, clutch smeels like brake pads smoking.

what up with those rule hahahahahah. crazy stuff. i also drove with some friends sat. night but it seem that the smell went away. it could of beem that i havnt really max the gears with that clutch. hope this doesnt get locked.

Latest posts

Back