Regular or Premium fuel in a P5?

Kansei said:
gtech1.jpg

?

once it gets warm out and I can put my sticky tires back on I need to test my car to at least see that the estimated whp (with air resistance factored in) is more than it was before (120whp).
Where does the actual sensor/probe go and how is it attached to the car?

clicknext said:
Where does the actual sensor/probe go and how is it attached to the car?

that's the whole unit. There are precise accelerometers inside the unit, it uses a secure suction cup mount to stick to the dash. The model pictured can be bought on ebay for like 25 dollars, but it's really lacking in features and kinda a pain to use. Every time you turn it on you have to input the weight of your vehicle (with you in it) and then calibrate it (basically just gotta make sure it's perfectly level, it's not too hard). It does 0-60, 1/4 mile, 60-0, lateral Gs, and whp.
There is a 199.99 model or a 299.99 model, I think both of those hook up to a computer to dump the data from it. The numbers it gives for whp can't really be compared to people's real dyno numbers, but theoretically you can compare before and after a mod if you do it in the same conditions on the same stretch of track (lol not road.. (spin)).

Being mounted on flexible suction cups, wouldn't it have some movement independent of the car? And if so, can it really provide an accurate representation of the acceleration?

I believe alot of car magazines use a G Meter to do their reviews of cars.

clicknext said:
Being mounted on flexible suction cups, wouldn't it have some movement independent of the car? And if so, can it really provide an accurate representation of the acceleration?

no, it doesn't move, trust me. It uses one large suction cup with three legs that provide tension to ensure that it's totally stable. It doesn't take much, the thing is crazy lightweight.

fx1.jpg

http://www.beltronics.com/fx.html

this is the one i have. it is very accurate and it got good ratings from all the car magazines. its very easy to put in the car and it is a very helpful tool. it lets you discover the cars turning capabilities and i improved my 60 foots by praticing. the horsepower ratings is accurate too. it says i have about 117 whp, and thats about right with all the stuff i have in the car. its a nice buy, fun too.

Premium makes no difference. Use it only if your car needs it, and ours do not. High compression engines, etc. need it, but not the lowly P5.

Kansei said:
no, it doesn't move, trust me. It uses one large suction cup with three legs that provide tension to ensure that it's totally stable. It doesn't take much, the thing is crazy lightweight.
Cool. Haha, it's the type of toy I'd want, except I drive so slow that it probably wouldn't even register on the meter!

Latest posts

Back