Regarding my 03 LX car

Hedges

Help with my car!!

Heya all, lately i've been noticing something wierd happening to my car. Basically my temperature gauge would jump up to H and than back down to normal back and forth, but when the temp gauge needle points at H , my gas needle inflates up abit too. Wierd, i checked the engine from the coolant tank, the fans working, the temperature sensor 's fine, the coolant temp is fine, I even checked the temperature from one piping to the others and everything is normal temp. So this temp gauge jumping to H and my needles inflating abit fluctuates! Any ideas? could it be battery?

My car is 84k mileage right now, and never had this problem before!

Thanks

Last edited:
hmmmm.....I really cant point anything out at this point, but is it possible that there is a short circuit in the instrument cluster? I was gonna say that temp sensor is ******, but you said its fine.

DiS said:
hmmmm.....I really cant point anything out at this point, but is it possible that there is a short circuit in the instrument cluster? I was gonna say that temp sensor is ******, but you said its fine.

It could be short circuit? well i thought it was temp sensor also , replaced it from dealership and it still did the same thing. It wasnt only the temp sensor fluctuating from normal to H, it was also my gas gauge moving up abit too and down! when i was stopped at the light, my temp was up the roof, my gas gauge was inflated abit too. I noticed my speedometer started jumping up and down up and down for abit (yet the engine was fine and wasnt reving)

Any ideals where or what i should look for? something odd today i was driving too, there was a bell/chime noise coming from somewhere for a few seconds! hmmm!

Back