redlining consequences?

MixinMP5

:
'03 Protege 5
So i have recently had a misfire, and I thought it was the coils (which it wasnt, thanks anyways guys) but it looks like my sparkplug gap closed. The weird thing is its the second time in the same cylinder it has happened in 6 or 7 months. Is this characteristic of anything in particular? or am i running my baby too hard?

redline on cars now days have a safety factor unlike the carborated ones long ago, where if you redline, the engine blows......i run my car upwards of 5k alot but past that really doesn't earn much for ya....about the spark plug gap, check about detonation. i think that might be a cause

whats a revlimiter? megasquirt ftmfw.

I "redline" mine every time I drive it. Its good for it

A revlimiter is an electronic protector of the engine. Shuts off fuel flow if you run the revs too high...the engine will hestitate/stutter when you hit it...

A revlimiter is an electronic protector of the engine. Shuts off fuel flow if you run the revs too high...the engine will hestitate/stutter when you hit it...

He was being sarcastic. With a Megasquirt, you're not confined to the stock rev-limiter.

Ensure it is the correct plug for the car. (not too long/wrong heat range. Compare with another side-by-side.)

It is also a symptom of sucking a VTCS screw into the cylinder...

Back