Red Protege5 with black plasti-dip wheels - Pictures

flowfish

:
2003 Protege5
Thought you guys/gals might like to see a red Protege5 with black plasti-dip on stock wheels. I like the way it came out, not sure how long it will last though.

pYzmn.jpg

3hxe8.jpg

ZRM66.jpg

Last edited:
Plasti-Dip the rear bumper...i did just that a few weekends ago. Make sure to mask very carefully, and use lots and lots of very light coats. It was still warm outside when i did mine, so it was drying pretty quickly. I put a very light coat on 10-15 minutes until i got complete coverage. It looks great and is holding up well.

And your wheels look great too!

I think the coolest thing about the plastidip wheels is that you can just peel it off like a decal when you're tired of it and it doesnt hurt the original finish!

I would love to do this, but not it black. i wish Plastidip had more spray color options, i'd love to do my factory rims in bronze.

I plasti-dip my wheels before, seems to hold up WAY better then rattle can paint. plus you can peel it off once you get tired of the look.

Last edited:
Since Plasti-dip coats the wheels, wouldn't it be possible to paint with a bronze spray paint after Plasti-dipping in black or white? Seems like it would peel off just the same with Plasti-dip underneath.

Since Plasti-dip coats the wheels, wouldn't it be possible to paint with a bronze spray paint after Plasti-dipping in black or white? Seems like it would peel off just the same with Plasti-dip underneath.

That's an interesting idea . . .. . . . hmmm. . . ..

Yes, you can paint over the plasti-dip any color you would like. Not sure how well it would hold up, but it should peel right off like it was just the plasti-dip.

Yeah, Jackie, two kinds of material. There are videos on YouTube of the plasticdip being peeled off. It peels off like a sticky rubbery decal. A spray paint drys harder. Maybe if you used a 'plastic-friendly' flexible spray paint on top of the coat of plastidip you might be able to remove it easier.

Hmm interesting. lol Im kinda getting tired of the white wheels, also they look very unsightly when they are dirty. lol

Maybe ill plasti-dip.

i just went back to stockers until i get a new set up. might do this again. did it on my cobalt ss and rear valance umm i guess they wont look bad from how the look now lol

378437_10150439245301034_505456033_9248190_721264692_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back