Recall Service Today

guy_incognito

:
SS MS3 GT
So today seemed like a productive day at the dealership. Got the recall service done, and they replaced the bolt. I also had a rattle in the center arm rest console, which they fixed. Also got the ECU updated - but they didn't give any codes, so I don't know which one it is. My car's build date is 4/07. Finally, a got some touch up paint cause some jerk decided to hit my car in the parking lot. Incidentally, sure hope it is the right color, because there is no identifying code on the bottle.

And lastly, I also got one more expected update. It is a check engine light of a different variety:

Wow that give me a great idea of where to put my flashlight when im out working in the dark. Hopefuly i dont leave mine there like your tech did lol. Imagine what it did to the intercooler seal on the hood. You should call and ask what reflash you recieved, be nice to know.

Just eyeballing the intercooler cover there didn't seem to be any ill-effects.

That is almost too good of a place to put the flashlight, especially if it is dark in the garage; hence the need for a flashlight. Took me a few seconds before I even noticed it. I did notice a very subtle rattling noise in the car as it was idling when I got home - wonder if it will be there tomorrow?

Yeah, I'll probably whip off an e-mail to ask about the reflash. Yes phone calls are better, but I never have time or think about these things during working hours.

Well, things are as good as I originally thought. Paint doesn't match very well, and the rattle is still there.

Does anyone have the sunlight silver touch up paint? Mine has a number 68 on the lid.

I am starting to amass tools from the local Mazda dealer. I have a magnetic pick up tool and a 3/8th snap on ratchet with extension.

Got this message concerning the PCM update: "The PCM reflash is to improve engine drivability, hesitation and MIL issues (false engine light concerns)."

Back