Rebuilding front caliper? (07 m6 front caliper)

Mazda Pro

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 2.0 Turbo
I have installed my rear msp rotors and pads before but i'm still new to fixing a car and wanting to learn. I decided to take it up a notch and rebuild my front calipers (mazda6 BBK) since i will be putting new rotors and pads on while i'm at it.I also do have a spiral piston brake kit so it is done properly. Now taking it off i'm assuming it's like the rears when i have it apart and take the piston out of the bore is there a thread or a special way i have to put it back in other then lubing it?

What are you going to lube it with? I believe you pull the piston, replace the seals and clean it, then apply new grease and press it back in. Bleeding the new caliper will take a little extra time.

Assuming it's like any other front caliper, it'll just pop out and slide back in. Easiest way is to put a block of wood between the piston and the inside of the caliper and shoot compressed air through the inlet to force the piston out (watch your fingers!) Then replace the seal, lube it up and slide the piston back in by hand. Reattach the caliper, open the bleeder, and just let it gravity bleed. Once you see drops of brake fluid coming out close it up and it should be good to go.

Back