Rearview Mirrors Compatible with P5

:
Mazda Protege5
Does anyone know what other interior rearview mirrors are compatible with the P5? I have an autodimming compass mirror from a Gen2 Mazda 6 and was wondering if it would work.

It would just be a matter of wiring it up. I can't remember which forum it was on, but somebody had wired up a GM compass mirror. Except for power, it should be mostly self-contained.

Well, I got the old mirror off to discover that the "buttons" between the P5 and Gen1 6 are different. The P5 is narrower. So, it doesn't work.

I swapped out the Donnelly temp/compass mirror in mine with a Gentex 341 like I have in my truck. It is amber lit to match dash and has temp/compass/homelink/auto-dimming/map lights. I did it in my reg cab truck to get rid of garage door opener and because reg cab don't come with overhead console like in access or double cabs. Did it for the car to add more features, match dash lighting & ditch the garage door opener clipped to visor. The wedge on the P5 is narrower than the one on my truck but was able to shim it with a strip of metal for the tightening screw to grab hold of and it worked out just fine. I just cut the temp sensor wiring up by headliner and used that with new mirror so I didn't have to pull a new wire out to front of car. Only had to add connection for constant pwr for the opener to be hot at all times. I do have the Donnelly mirror and gentex temp sensor wiring if anyone is interested in it. The lighting is aqua and it fits the P5 wedge like it should. PM if anyone wants it and I'll make ya a deal and provide pics and such. I do believe there is a newer version Gentex with 50A or something like that in the model number that is compass/temp/auto-dimming/homelink. The 341 is a discontinued item but might be had thru bobs.mirrors dot com. He hooked me up with the gently used 341 and wiring kit for both my vehicles.

http://www.bobsmirrors.com/

Here is pic of the one in the truck. one in car looks exactly the same.......

gntx341_01.jpg

I have a similar question. I am looking to replace my side mirror, would a protege sedan mirror work? Or would it have to be from another protege5?

I have a similar question. I am looking to replace my side mirror, would a protege sedan mirror work? Or would it have to be from another protege5?

The side mirrors for the Protege Sedan and Protege5 are interchangeable.

Latest posts

Back