????Rear wiper blade question????

LESLIEPINKY

:
Mazda3s 5door
Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper blade? I like a smooth body and I really want to get rid of it. Has anyone seen this done or know the correct way to do it? Since its in the glass I dont know where to start, if it was in the body I would just shave it.

I hope its easier then it looks!!! (dunno)(dunno)(dunno)(dunno)

You need to take the trim off the inside of the hatch so you can see how the motor is bolted in. The rear wiper arm should have a nut to loosen for removing it. After you get everything off just buy a black plastic plug to put in the hole and you're done. Putting it back together should be pretty easy too if you want to.

Do they sell the hole plug that is made for just our 3? Or do I have to try to find a custom one? I want it to still look clean and not just a ghetto rig. LOL does that makes since?

NO =(( not my car, wish I could say YES. I was looking up pink mazda 3's and came across that. Just love the photoshop that is done on it. I will hopefully have mine pink by next spring. The pink that is in the pic is what I want my entire car to be except im wanting a CF hood. My motegi wheels are on the way they are all black and they will look HOT on that color pink!

FREAKIN SWEET! thanks so much that helps out a lot! Looks like I will be doing some shopping this weekend =) So excited THANKS AGAIN!!

i did it today. took like 10 mins. i used a 1 1/8 inch metal plug from home depot and put silicone under it to seal it. just painted it black. looks clean as hell and not rigged at all. :)

Got the plug this weekend from home depot as well. I painted it last night and am goign to put a clear coat on it after work and hopefully get it in tonight. =) I was thinking about painting "pinky" on it but not sure if it will look funny. What do you guys think?

I know it's a personal choice, but for me one of the best things about having the hatchback IS the rear wiper. It's a useful and effective little device, and the sedan owners don't even have the option to keep or delete it.
I wouldn't remove mine unless I was building a dedicated track car.

Just my .02

^ Agreed. I think it helps to give the rear the sporty hatchback look too. At least on mine anyway.

We all have our own do's and don'ts =) I just love a smooth body and to be honest I have not used mine since I have had my 3

No offense intended, just my own take on the rear wiper delete.
I see more and more people doing this delete, but unlike you, I use mine all the time so I have a harder time understanding why someone would want to delete it.
When I still lived up in in Chefsp0t country, I owned an older Civic and actually went to the junkyard to find a car w/a rear wiper/washer. The mod that time was installing it, not deleting it.

Back