Rear Sway Bar Bracket Poll

Would you buy one of these brackets?

• Yes

Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Mallard said:
Yes, I bought all of Delsing's designs and have the rights to produce them. Curently there was a CAD file missing when everything was being transferred to me so that has delayed my timeline. I am shooting for a spring production date once everything gets re-drawn.

This is true about the Delsing bracket, Mallard has the rights to reproduce them, but there is nothing stopping someone from creating something better and less expensive.

Those Delsing brackets are built like Sherman tanks and expensive to reproduce.

evolv said:
Yup. here is the Delsing installed on my car for testing. As you can see from the picture it is very OVER BUILT...

Overbuilt??? Maybe, but it sure beats having it break on you.

FrozenMazda said:
Overbuilt??? Maybe, but it sure beats having it break on you.

No one wants anything to break, that is why its important to receive feed back and respond accordingly.

Anything that I make will be of high quality, very strong and tested before its made available to the public.

as long as it meets the requirements, then they will be great there is no reason to use overkill when it is not needed and will only drive up costs...

So I am with Evolv on this; make a great product that meets the requirements and keeps the product within the price range that most of us can afford and not outside of it...

I'd be in on this or Mallards product. If it were up to me, i'd have all necessary pieces in one kit (bushings, nuts, bolts, etc) so it was a one purchase affair, and so that we knew all of the pieces definetly work without question. best of luck to you both and to all of us for that matter!

Thanks guys/gals for voting, its a nice response. The estimate will be around a $1000.00 to get something built and tested. So with a $50.00 margin it should only take 20 buys to make this a break even venture.

I'll post when I have an update at my end.

Ryoga28 said:
What type of material are you going to be using for the brackets?

All the cad drawings will be completed in a few days and then I will be off to an aerospace company to get an engineer to look at the design and let me know if there are any week spots and help me decide what material to use.

Preliminary discussions indicate 1/4 inch steel, lasered, broken and welded with a powder coated finish.

The engineer will let me know if I need to go with another material but I suspect good old cold rolled steel will do the trick.

I recently bought a used pair of the Delsings from someone on the forum, but haven't installed them yet. One of the things I remember seeing somewhere (either an image on this site or on the Delsing site) was of a bracket that allowed you to use your stock swaybar bushings with the Delsing product. Because it is nearly impossible to buy (at least I haven't been able to find any) greasable bushings that fit our swaybar EXACTLY (yes, Energy makes some that are 0.5mm bigger than our bar), I think using the updated stockers would be good because they hold grease between the bar and bushing - they have that "fabric"-like material on the inside. I had a set of Energy bushings on my car before (an attempted klunk fix) and they sqeaked like a mofo because they clamp so tightly to the bar that only the thinnest layer of grease can remain between bar and bushing. So, I think using the stockers in the new location would mean not having to grease the bushings so often. And that, my friends, is my two cents.

Edit, found the pic on Delsign's site.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Psyklops said:
One of the things I remember seeing somewhere (either an image on this site or on the Delsing site) was of a bracket that allowed you to use your stock swaybar bushings with the Delsing product.
I think that bracket was probably a 1-off machined part they used for in development.

The Energy ones you were using before squeaked because, as you said, they were too tight to have enough grease on them. I've been using the 0.5mm "too large" ones with mine from the beginning. I've never had a squeak problem and there's really no play in the bar when it's mounted in them.

IMO, it's not worth the effort to try reusing the stock ones.

I would buy the brackets from you and I would prefer a complete kit including bushings and hardware.

Back