REAR REFLECTOR help

I almost rear ended someone with tinted rear lights once. An easy case to argue in court.

I assume it will be a 168/194 (T10) bulb.. Would most likely turn on with parking lights on.

I almost rear ended someone with tinted rear lights once. An easy case to argue in court.

In other words, "I almost rear ended someone because of my reliance on driving aids instead of the Mark I human eyeball". (hand) What's your excuse if you hit a bicyclist from the rear? I didn't see his brake light? lol.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i found these and wondering if they would fit and if so where might i be able to find the bulb sockets for em . i want to wire them to my brake lights for more light since i plan on tinting all my rear lights .

thanks !!!!!

Yes, they will fit. They are the same form factor as the US style reflector only housings. All you need to do is remove the wheel (might be able to reach it fine with stock monster truck height), remove a panel held on my push pins, then remove 3 phillips heads screws holding the reflector in place. The plus side to those Chinese (euro) versions, is that in addition to being way cheaper, you can stick a bulb in there, and tap your brake light/running light/foglight whatever source you want to illuminate them. There is already a grommet in the floor on both sides for the OEM wiring.
You can also get LED (2 array) versions in the OEM style, a black housing/smoke style, and a clear style.

I just noticed that those are only 1 side fog lights. It would look retarded to put a light in there lol. Unless you dremeled the other one and maybe siliconed a second light into the housing.

Last edited:
In other words, "I almost rear ended someone because of my reliance on driving aids instead of the Mark I human eyeball". (hand)

It sounds like he was using his human eyes. But eyes have thresholds at which point they don't see. That's why cars have rear lights (what you call "driving aids").

I never did understand the thought process of someone who takes a standardized light (light tail lights) and decides it's a good idea to filter out 80% of their output. Same with headlights. Just idiotic.

It sounds like he was using his human eyes. But eyes have thresholds at which point they don't see. That's why cars have rear lights (what you call "driving aids").

I never did understand the thought process of someone who takes a standardized light (light tail lights) and decides it's a good idea to filter out 80% of their output. Same with headlights. Just idiotic.

It is a driving aid lol. Using his eyes, but looking for a light indicating someone pushed the brake; instead of observing that the relative movement of another car is changing. Some people just have poor situational awareness (not paying attention), or rely on aids to tell them what's next. You can see this everyday on as people try to join the highway at a rate that will make them converge with another car; instead of slowing down/speeding up to merge without anyone on the highway having to brake. Same thing with people who constantly push the brake to make a 2mph speed change when you can tell the car in front of them is making slight speed adjustments by coasting. Poor situational awareness, relying on driving aids (brake light) among other things. Unless the visibility is very poor, if the light can be seen the car can be seen.. and if the visibility is poor, or it's dark, then a tinted light is actually easier to see compared to direct sunlight. That whole brake light thing is generally just a poor excuse for bottom line not paying attention.

I just noticed that those are only 1 side fog lights. It would look retarded to put a light in there lol. Unless you dremeled the other one and maybe siliconed a second light into the housing.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was just a plug / cover . ill msg them before i buy to make sure . if its only one side yea hell with that . and yes i seen the led ones too but not for 200+$ :-(

i think the smoked ones look great though .

It is a driving aid lol. Using his eyes, but looking for a light indicating someone pushed the brake; instead of observing that the relative movement of another car is changing.

I guess in your world, brake lights are stupid. No need to see them on a dark night or in the fog. (rolleyes)

Some people just have poor situational awareness (not paying attention), or rely on aids to tell them what's next. You can see this everyday on as people try to join the highway at a rate that will make them converge with another car; instead of slowing down/speeding up to merge without anyone on the highway having to brake. Same thing with people who constantly push the brake to make a 2mph speed change when you can tell the car in front of them is making slight speed adjustments by coasting.

I would be the last person to argue there aren't poor drivers out there. But that's even a better reason not to obscure your tail lights.

Poor situational awareness, relying on driving aids (brake light) among other things. Unless the visibility is very poor, if the light can be seen the car can be seen.. and if the visibility is poor, or it's dark, then a tinted light is actually easier to see compared to direct sunlight. That whole brake light thing is generally just a poor excuse for bottom line not paying attention.

Nobody here is making excuses for bad drivers, they are saying it's a bad idea not to be visible to all drivers (and of course especially those with low awareness). And that is not achieved by tinting lenses dark. I disagree that if visibility is poor a dark tinted light is easier to see than a bright light. When it's foggy you want your tail lights to penetrate to give those drivers with poor situational awareness time to slow down with rear-ending you.

Your arguments make no sense. (screwy) Have another (stoned)

Last edited:
I guess in your world, brake lights are stupid. No need to see them on a dark night or in the fog. (rolleyes)

I would be the last person to argue there aren't poor drivers out there. But that's even a better reason not to obscure your tail lights.

Nobody here is making excuses for bad drivers, they are saying it's a bad idea not to be visible to drivers with low awareness. And that is the effect of tinting lenses dark. And I disagree that if visibility is poor a dark tinted light is easier to see than a bright light. When it's foggy you want your tail lights to penetrate to give those drivers with poor situational awareness time to slow down with rear-ending you.

Your arguments make no sense. (screwy)

I didn't mean to include poor visibility into that night time/direct sunlight statement, as I had addressed it in the sentence beforehand with unless visibility is very poor. That's the only thing there that doesn't make sense. But don't compare low visibility because of darkness and low visibility because of an obscuration, such as fog because it's not the same thing. Fog is a physical obstruction to light, darkness is not. And unless you live in a place where there is frequently heavy fog, the majority of the time a tinted taillight isn't doing anything besides irritating some people, and then choosing to nit pick it as a hazard to themselves, vs taking responsibility as a driver and being proactive about collision avoidance. But I guess it's easier to just blame someone else.

Last edited:
And unless you live in a place where there is frequently heavy fog, the majority of the time a tinted taillight isn't doing anything besides irritating some people, and then choosing to nit pick it as a hazard to themselves, vs taking responsibility as a driver and being proactive about collision avoidance. But I guess it's easier to just blame someone else.

Blame someone else?? But I haven't rear-ended anybody and I'm not blaming anyone. I'm simply saying that with the number of low awareness drivers out there, it's idiotic to make your tail lights project less than the legal maximum.

It doesn't matter if you live in an area with "frequent fog", there isn't a road in the US than has never seen a fogbank and all it takes is one fogbank to lose your life. The lights on a car are not for pimping out your personal disco-mobile, they are there for road safety.

Yes, they will fit. They are the same form factor as the US style reflector only housings. All you need to do is remove the wheel (might be able to reach it fine with stock monster truck height), remove a panel held on my push pins, then remove 3 phillips heads screws holding the reflector in place. The plus side to those Chinese (euro) versions, is that in addition to being way cheaper, you can stick a bulb in there, and tap your brake light/running light/foglight whatever source you want to illuminate them. There is already a grommet in the floor on both sides for the OEM wiring.
You can also get LED (2 array) versions in the OEM style, a black housing/smoke style, and a clear style.

I just noticed that those are only 1 side fog lights. It would look retarded to put a light in there lol. Unless you dremeled the other one and maybe siliconed a second light into the housing.

i sent message and here was the response .
New message from: topnice2014 (650Purple Star)
Hi dear,

Thanks for your message.

The left side can put bulbs,but the Right side just reflector,thank you.

And our products didn't including the bulbs,thank you.

so there goes that idea . thanks for the help . im just gona black em so people cant see me . lulz . ill figure out something for em .

In other words, "I almost rear ended someone because of my reliance on driving aids instead of the Mark I human eyeball". (hand) What's your excuse if you hit a bicyclist from the rear? I didn't see his brake light? lol.

Didn't you upgrade your tail lights to LED?

I was behind a full size truck this morning on the way to work and he had one of those aftermarket light strips that fit between the bumper and the tailgate bottom. I was actually thinking about where and if it would fit on the CX-5. I liked it because it was pretty much invisible until he hit his breaks. It also lit up half the bar blinking when he hit the turn signal.

I was behind a full size truck this morning on the way to work and he had one of those aftermarket light strips that fit between the bumper and the tailgate bottom. I was actually thinking about where and if it would fit on the CX-5. I liked it because it was pretty much invisible until he hit his breaks. It also lit up half the bar blinking when he hit the turn signal.
find red / amber led strips and mount then under the trunk if you wanted to i did a glow kit like that . it will glow through good .
rgbb2013.jpg

rgb2013.jpg

Last edited:
The tinted tail lights don't bother me too much, though one cannot argue the fact that untinted are easier to detect. Same reason amber turn signals are better than red. I do however have great issue with some of those brake lights have gone pink and even white such as some lexus cars, it looks like they are in reverse!

Back