Rear polyurethane sway bar bushings???

2k2silvermp5

Car lover of all kinds
Contributor
:
2011 MS3
Hey Guys is there a company out there that makes a set of polyurethen rear bushing for the mazdaspeed/racing beat rear sway. I have replaced 2 sets already. Any help would be appreciated.

i think your best option is to get a set of the AWR 19mm bushings and bore out the inside a tad, preferably w/ a dremel and a sanding wheel. shouldn't take much to get that extra 1mm of clearance.

i'm still using my stock ES bushings, and haven't had any problems.

on my mp3 i modified a pair of energy suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings from auto zone (20mm) to fit the racing beat bar. Worked wonderfully and i will be doing the same mod along with a how to on my msp here shortly.

they can order one for you, or you can buy one directly from energy. i'll get the part number for you this week.

Here is what you need to get. Rear bar is 20mm so you can get the 19mm or 20.5mm greaseable set, or the 20mm non-greaseable set. I used the 20.5mm greaseable and it works fine, its not as tight of a fit as I would like, but it works. You do need to bend the brackets to 45degrees tho which is a PITA.
http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

If you still have a clunk you may have worn end links, I discovered this myself when I replaced my bushings, I grabbed the end links and yanked on them a bit and it went clunk.

Revs said:
Here is what you need to get. Rear bar is 20mm so you can get the 19mm or 20.5mm greaseable set, or the 20mm non-greaseable set. I used the 20.5mm greaseable and it works fine, its not as tight of a fit as I would like, but it works. You do need to bend the brackets to 45degrees tho which is a PITA.
http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

If you still have a clunk you may have worn end links, I discovered this myself when I replaced my bushings, I grabbed the end links and yanked on them a bit and it went clunk.

I see you live in Canada as well. Where did you buy these sway bar bushings?

From a friend of mine, he has a small performance parts business. I think Canadian Tire can order these or you can order them from any shop in the US.

Sweet so there is hope. I'd like to get a set of the greaseable buchings, what did they run for price????

Latest posts

Back