rear knocking driving me crazy...

mg_0401

:
mazda 5
My rear suspension is knocking and driving me crazy. I changed sway bar bushings , sway bar links, camber kit, and checked the shocks as well and lubricated everything and still knocking?
wtf.. has anyone had this issue?,

What year is your Mazda 5 and when does the clunking happen? There is a TSB about the springs not being seated on the spring perches due to welding splatter and hitting the frame on bumps. Is anything loose in your spare wheel well :)

when you checked shocks the plastic boot was tight i had that problem the boot kept hitting and it drove me nuts the upper shock bolts were not tight they were a halh turn loose that solved it

Bear in mind that a visual inspection of the shocks really doesn't prove or disprove anything. Unless the shocks are completely destroyed, blown out and leaking fluid, they may look perfectly fine. Mine looked dandy, but when I removed them from the car it was readily apparent that they were very very dead, along with the upper mounts, which were also totally shot. Don't rely on visual inspection alone, if you still have noises you obviously still have an issue. While you are under there check out your lateral links and the rear control ar bushings as any real mileage with the shocks dead will stress these components too.

Back