Rear end alignment specs for 2002 Protege ES

mazdamom49

:
2002 Protege ES
I just recently had all four of my lateral arms replaced. They aligned front and rear, I don't know which end they did first. Now my rear wheels stick out almost 1/2" farther than they did before and they are at a slight angle. I'm thinking the rear alignment is off and I don't want to wait to see wear on my new Michelin tires. Right now I'm waiting on a new gas tank so I'd like to get the rear end straightened out before I get it and have it installed.

This is the shop I get all my work done, they have an alignment machine, so they are not an 'alignment' shop. That's why I wanted to find out the specific measurements for the back. And since I already paid them for the original alignment, I really don't want to go somewhere else and give them $85 to align it. I figure if I could give them the specs, they can fix it. So, if someone could give me the specs, or where I could find them, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

That extra 1/2" Scares me a bit. I'd get that checked. Its gotta be your lateral links.

REAR:
Camber:
Left Min. -1*48'
Left Max 0*12'
Right Min. -1*48'
Right Max 0*12'

Toe:
Left Min. -0.05"
Left Max 0.00"
Right Min. -0.05"
Right Max 0.00"
Total Min. -0.10"
Total Max 0.00"

Thank you so much!
Is there any adjustment for the lateral links? I fear not. I got them from Rock Auto, could they be a 1/2" too long? They have already cost me a tire.

The length of the links is not adjustable. Them being longer for some reason wont effect anything as long as they can still get the camber and toe within spec. Did you purchase the Mevotechs or Beck/Arnley?

I bought Mevotechs. I didn't think they would be longer than OEM.
I asked my mechanic to re-align the rear. Since I got my car back, Friday, it looks like that helped pull the wheels in that little bit. They don't seem to be sticking out as far.
Thanks though for all the feedback! :)

Back