Rear Door Speaker Low Pass Filter?

snoophog

:
2007 Mazda 6 S
I read this and it made me wonder. I had a sub installed in my trunk and they tapped into my rear door spears since I do not have any RCAs on my stock head unit. Will I get less sound then tapping into the front speakers?

"Originally Posted by JinxKwB
Biggest Problem with replacing the speakers in the 6 is if you dont have Bose and have the stock Headunit. The rear output is filtered for Low Pass. So you dont much for rear output. How do I know this? Pioneer sent me a free pair of the $200 6x8"s. I placed them in the rear to hear how they sounded and I was shocked and was thinking that was why Pionner sent them to me for free, they sucked. For kicks I put one in the front replacing my component, and they sounded amazing.

So beware those with a Stock HU and want to change your rears without using an Amplifier. "

I read this and it made me wonder. I had a sub installed in my trunk and they tapped into my rear door spears since I do not have any RCAs on my stock head unit. Will I get less sound then tapping into the front speakers?

"Originally Posted by JinxKwB
Biggest Problem with replacing the speakers in the 6 is if you dont have Bose and have the stock Headunit. The rear output is filtered for Low Pass. So you dont much for rear output. How do I know this? Pioneer sent me a free pair of the $200 6x8"s. I placed them in the rear to hear how they sounded and I was shocked and was thinking that was why Pionner sent them to me for free, they sucked. For kicks I put one in the front replacing my component, and they sounded amazing.

So beware those with a Stock HU and want to change your rears without using an Amplifier. "

You will be fine grabbing the signal at the rear speakers. The OEM headunit just has a filter built in. Since you're connecting subs, it wont make a bit of difference. It's just an annoyance if you change out the rear door speakers with some high quality ones, you dont get full range out of them until you change the HU.

Back