rear differential fluid

:
2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Hi I'm a new member but I've been lurking the forums. I recently purchased a 2010 CX-9 GT awd with 58k miles and I'm about to change out all the fluids but was unable to locate the 80w-90 for the rear differential. Can i use mobile1 75w-90? I'm located in the Caribbean.

So I did the fluid changes went with mobile 1 atf-3309 for tranny, mobile1 5w-20 full synthetic in engine and mobile1 75w-90 for rear differential. Everything is OK thus far.

I have owned 3 Mazda Millenia's and somehow the braking in this CX-9 is not as responsive. I was told the brake pads are fine and I know it is a heavier vehicle. Anyone else find the braking not as sharp?

My original brake pads lasted 4 years and almost 50k miles. The car is heavier so don't expect it to stop like a small car. It will probably go a longer distance before it comes to a complete stop.

The Mobil 1 75w-90 that you used for rear diff, does it has "LS" in the name like Mobil1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W-90? Is your rear diff a limited-slip diff?

So I did the fluid changes went with mobile 1 atf-3309 for tranny, mobile1 5w-20 full synthetic in engine and mobile1 75w-90 for rear differential. Everything is OK thus far.

I have owned 3 Mazda Millenia's and somehow the braking in this CX-9 is not as responsive. I was told the brake pads are fine and I know it is a heavier vehicle. Anyone else find the braking not as sharp?

Well, changed the rear diff oil using Mobil 1 LS 75w-90 yesterday. So far so good.

Back