Rear blower control unresponsive

larryc

I'm having a problem with my 2008 CX9 where the rear control seems to do nothing; neither the fan speed nor the temp control seem to change anything when rear control is enabled.

I've read about the various blower problems (fortunately, mine doesn't stay on) so I figure a quick and inexpensive possible fix would be to change the relays. However, I've seen two part numbers mentioned here: The first is G115-67-730 (goes for around $15), but I've also seen mentioned L1Y1-67-330 (which sells for < $5). Any suggestions for which to buy?

Second question: One post here mentioned putting the unit in diagnostic mode, but I can't find instructions for how to do that. Any pointers?

Final question: Are there any instructions posted for how to remove the read control unit?

Last edited:
I'm having this same issue. The blower came on in the back while I was driving it and worked until I shut off the car and started it again. I just purchased the car so don't know the history. I tried swapping the front and rear blower relays but it still out in the back. Were you able to resolve it?

Back