Really like Cooper Tires on CX-5 today

Really like the 235x55x19 Coopers on the 2019 GTR today. Initial drive really nice.
Fills up the wheel area, still inside the plastic wheel flare. 65mph speedometer is now 66.1 mph

Factory was 225x55x19, now 235x55x19.

Which model of Cooper tire did you install? There isn't much (if any) feedback posted here on the forum about member experiences with Cooper tires. Let us know how they work out for you.

Which model of Cooper tire did you install? There isn't much (if any) feedback posted here on the forum about member experiences with Cooper tires. Let us know how they work out for you.
Cooper CS5 ultra touring. 235/55/19

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpg
    IMG_3399.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3400.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 140
I have Coppers ATX3 295/65/20 Load E on my Ram 3500 truck. Really nice. Hope for the same results on the CX-5, the 235/55/19 have good marks in most conditions.

They are a quiet tire. I've had a set since 11/19. I asked the OP which model being that several are offered in this size. My experience is as follows :
Compared to General Altimax RT-43 that these replaced: Quieter, handle a bit less sharp, overall can ride rougher depending what pressure you like to run ( I had to drop cold pressure from 36 psi to 34 for better ride but lost at least 1-1/2 mpg local, around town). However did get 31+ mpg highway @ 36 cold before I lowered pressure but it rode hard hence dropping to 34 psi. In their defense, I am now satisfied with the ride and definitely do not miss the constant noise level of the RT-43's. Also, to me I got back that feel of the tire being better connected to the road (road feel?) that the RT's didn't quite have. Can't comment on snow traction on either tire since I never got a good chance. Wet and dry traction better than RT's, especially wet traction. After a few years the RT's lost some wet traction and spun out easier. After having these I don't plan on going back to the RT's and may try the Continental's (LX25) that seem to be gaining popularity. Overall, these CS5's aren't a bad tire at all and the possibility exists of buying them again when the time comes. That's still a couple years down the road as these get further evaluated. Just thoughts off the top of my head on this foggy (mentally and environmentally) morning. Over and out.

I had Cooper tires for 9 yrs on a 2003 Tahoe I just sold. They were very quiet, did well in the rain and snow, handled well, and wore well. I would consider them for use on my CX-5.

Back