RCA routing

smms25

:
08 Mazda 3
Hey guys,
In the process of installing my in dash dvd, amp, and sub. Already have all the power cables for the amp run on the left side of the car. What I need to know:
---What is the best way to route my RCA cables on the passenger side and to the back of my dvd player? I already have them to the kick panel but where to go from here?

- I am running a switch and all my ipod/usb slots to the switch panel where the dimmer switch is.

Any help (pics would be awesome but a good explanation would probably be enough) would be greatly appreciated!!

how bout the same place you did power, but on the passengerside ??

1 cables will fit there
2 you already did it on one side

to pull wire under the carpet, use a coat hanger with a small hook on the end. keep that tip smooth. make a little slit in the carpet where you want the cable to emerge and pass the hanger in there and under the carpet to were the cable starts and hook the wire to the hanger and pull it thru

how bout the same place you did power, but on the passengerside ??

1 cables will fit there
2 you already did it on one side

to pull wire under the carpet, use a coat hanger with a small hook on the end. keep that tip smooth. make a little slit in the carpet where you want the cable to emerge and pass the hanger in there and under the carpet to were the cable starts and hook the wire to the hanger and pull it thru

Definitely run it down the other side. If you run right next to the power line you risk getting alternator whine.

I would go down the passenger side under the carpet in the passenger footwell and back to the dash.

Is there any place in particular that is easy to run the RCA's though. I was messin with the plastic where the center console connects with the dash, and as my car is a 5 speed, I felt something really hot looked like some metal tubing (perhaps tranny cooler or something??)

I'm going to rerun my two sets of RCAs underneath the rear seat bottom, under the carpeting atop the exhaust tunnel, and through the center console. Should be enough room underneath the carpet to jimmy a wire hanger through.

I'm going to rerun my two sets of RCAs underneath the rear seat bottom, under the carpeting atop the exhaust tunnel, and through the center console. Should be enough room underneath the carpet to jimmy a wire hanger through.

is there any reason why you want to do that? or just to see if it can be done??

Only reason I can imagine is because he wants to minimize the length?

I ended up going down the driver's side anyway, realizing I had just barely long enough RCAs to go under the Bose amp and to the center console.

the underside of the carpet is VERY "fuzzy" makes for a tougher than average pull

FYI

I removed the glove box and zip tied the rca's under the dash. You don't have to remove the glove box, but it makes it a lot easier. It also makes it easier to route the RCA's behind the head unit.

Back