Rate my car with your opinion please

mopiko

Contributor
To most of you my car is stock. To some Civic dudes who wants to race the whole world think I want to race them...

I have a oil pressure gauage and A/F ratio gauage on my pillar, I put them in originally in preparation for my turbo.... Well I'm come to find out that the mileages and luck I have on this car is tough enough to keep it in one piece so I dumped the turbo idea. So my question is:

1) NA P5, not planninng to mod anymore, having a oil pressure gauge and A/F ratio gauge, is that rice?

2) If you are me, who spent more than $1,200 since I purchased the car to keep it in one piece (three accidents, two new front bumper, one new rear bumper, 4 new stock rims and tires, 2 trailing link) would you still spend the extra $400 you have to buy a HID or just save it for whatever luck it's coming at me? (Well I have more $$ then that and I want a brighter headlights.)

Here is my car... Any help in keeping my car in one piece would be great (Just for the record I don't race and I don't drive hard, I use this car for my business I drive everywhere to get to meetings and such.)

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• mycar5.JPG
    mycar5.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 285
  • mycar6.JPG
    mycar6.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Gauges 2.jpg
    Gauges 2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 289
Replica said:
Yes, the guages are rice.
Sigh, that sucks then, I spent a lot of money on those Defi gauages too... Maybe I need to hide them somewhere else from now on..... :(

Well, I'm sure someone will post saying they aren't rice so it's all subjective. Also, you could just sell the guages.

If you're looking to sell the gauges let me know!

I'm definitely getting a Defi A/F and boost/vac gauge, and maybe a oil pressure gauge as well. So that's 2 out of 3!

Plus it would be a nice chunk of change to help you save up for the HIDs!

Replica said:
Well, I'm sure someone will post saying they aren't rice so it's all subjective. Also, you could just sell the guages.
I agree, everyone's opinions are different, but I agree with you to a certain extent and that's why I posted it to see other people's opinion. And since Jersey_EMT is interested I think I'll take your suggestion and sell it.

jersey_emt said:
If you're looking to sell the gauges let me know!

I'm definitely getting a Defi A/F and boost/vac gauge, and maybe a oil pressure gauge as well. So that's 2 out of 3!

Plus it would be a nice chunk of change to help you save up for the HIDs!
I agree, so how much do you want to offer me? All I remember is that I spent $300 on both gauges. I don't think you want my pillar because the clip is broken, but if you are thinking about getting a full pillar pod for your gauages I can trade your original one.

And of course I will personally deliever them to you :D

I also have the APEXi RSM-GP in my car as well if you want it. Since I'll taking the gauages out I might as well selling this one too if someone is interested. This device work just like the GTech Pro but it hooks up directly to your ECU.

CitizenPro said:
Defi gauges are pimp!
They are (bowdown) . My original plan was to install a turbo and add a boost gauge afterwards, I bought these two gauges to see if I can learn something from it about my motor before I prep myself for my first turbo project.

Oh well... so much for that project, cuz I'm digging the STi now......

i don't think they are rice by themselves. if you had the guages and turbo stickers all over the place and a big tack on the dash, ya then you're headind down the wrong path.

dont buy hids, i think they are a waste. so you got bright lights...ive seen so many with problems its not funny.

but no sense in the gauges since you arent turboing.

bazooka joe said:
i don't think they are rice by themselves. if you had the guages and turbo stickers all over the place and a big tack on the dash, ya then you're headind down the wrong path.
Yeah, I agree, just getting sick of those Ricy Civic revving on me just because I have gauges... After some long hour driving I just want to go home... sick and tired of driving hard even my butt is complaining about the long drives.

It's sad to me, because I had all these plans in my mind that will never get realized.

Matthew said:
dont buy hids, i think they are a waste. so you got bright lights...ive seen so many with problems its not funny.

but no sense in the gauges since you arent turboing.
Yeah, I think so too. After I swapped to the MSP headlight it looks somewhat dim hence my interest in HIDs. What kind of HID you have? Was kind of problem did it give you?

mopiko said:
Yeah, I think so too. After I swapped to the MSP headlight it looks somewhat dim hence my interest in HIDs. What kind of HID you have? Was kind of problem did it give you?
i did the same thing by getting the MP3 headlights and i got PIAA bulbs to get that bright light....and it worked, pretty close to HID's.

CitizenPro said:
i did the same thing by getting the MP3 headlights and i got PIAA bulbs to get that bright light....and it worked, pretty close to HID's.
Really? How is it on wet roads? I tried some white bulbs before and they suck on wet roads...

I really wish I'd saved or marked teh good anti-hid blurbs I'd read about a year ago when I was thinking it was a good idea. Basically plain and simple if the housing was not designed for HID, do not go HID, Housings for standard headlights are not designed o handle that kind of lght, THey intentionally throw a bt of light higher just for vsibility and just in general bulb lacement sn't as precise or focused as it shoudl be for a clean crisp cutoff line. It serves to do nothing but pissoff oncoming trafic. also aftermarket systems seem pretty fragile. Plus with thatkind of oney, that'll get your quite a ways into a turbokit.

Back