Rally2003's Build Thread

Did some random work today on the silver car in preparation for working on the yellow car.
Things I got done today:
1) Swapped out fender signals from clear to tinted. Looks way better on that car since all the accent parts are dark.
2) Installed the Mazda6 int wiper switch and fixed the light over the key ignition.
3) swapped out the right front caliper that has been getting hung up everyone once and a while. It would sent my car into constant boost.
4) swapped out the AEM inlet pipe with the Injen one. Fits much better and doesn't rub against the clutch bleeder.
5) Installed a new AEM filter. Never again wile I buy a Spectra filter. RUSTY PIECES OF CRAP!
6) Rerouted the bypass tubing for better flow because it was getting a kink in it. Sounds much better now too.
7) Found out my fan straps broke because they became very brittle over this last cold winter. Replaced those.
8)Fixed some of the window trim and interior trim pieces that were really annoying me since buying the car last year. My OCD finally kicked in.

Tomorrow I'll be making room in the garage for all the extra parts coming off the white car. It will he sad to see it go, but I can't risk a accident because of really bad rust on the unibody around the rear suspension area. Pikachu will be a beast though.

d0329334493aeb09436b76f1f08665cd.jpg

Another day of working on the silver car. Fixed the latch on the hood and swapped hoods out for the DGM CF hood I had on the other car. Finally no more ratchet strap for a battery tie down either.
94713c9915fb1f42dd928a5b9fe714d9.jpg

You're kinda making me want an MSP again. :(

You're kinda making me want an MSP again. :(
Sorry Nate. Somehow this motor is still running like a champ. 240k+ miles and counting.

For some reason though I like the look of the stock color hood on the sunlight silver more than the DGM cf. I know, I know just paint the hood, but it is just temporary until the yellow car is running. I'll probably change it back over today and put it where it belongs (on the yellow car).

Maybe it's because the DGM is a little faded? The beauty is it looks good either way.

Been meaning to ask, Are you comming to the Spring meet on the 28th?

Can't. We'll are gone with family that weekend. Are you still doing your event in the summer?

Can't. We'll are gone with family that weekend. Are you still doing your event in the summer?

Boo. Are you going over to Akron/Cleveland anytime soon? trying to figure out a way to get you the exhaust mani & dp.

Don't know yet. Haven't found a venue, found a park with slightly more parking but my only option would be August 30th and the food issue. I'm not sure if I'm riding this year either.

Pic from yesterday. Should have changed it out way sooner. Piece of junk Spectra air filter.
eae373370f7b8e8f06c5df5cc4e9ca26.jpg

After replacing that and adjusting the recirculation hose the car runs and sounds great again.

Because I'm worse than a girl with my decisions on my cars I went back to the stock sunlight silver hood for the silver car and put the DGM carbon fiber hood on the blazing yellow car. Looks way better in my opinion. Removed the power steering pump and all the lines. Then wiped down the entire engine bay and got rid of little bolts and parts that will no longer be used. Also found out the car has been repainted at one point too.
8ed3f8d1cb7f1e64a944226e69ae82d8.jpg

bef201d8961ac9bb667565491112f949.jpg

76276bfcf6d91c6a09e6e52265c27bcd.jpg

The silver car only has 77k on the body, the motor has been in 2 other cars. We call it the unicorn motor.

I agree with you. How is your MSP so clean at over 200k. I hate you...

Wash, wax, repeat. And I used to take it to car washes with the hand held wands and blast underneath to get as much salt as I could off.

Don't forget to get a pic of you in the engine bay giving the thumbs up. It's the rules.

Don't forget to get a pic of you in the engine bay giving the thumbs up. It's the rules.
Will do for sure.

I don't know what possessed me to even think about converting a F Prepared car back into a Street Modified car. One thing is for sure it is so much easier to take something off than it is to put it back together and then make it work. One down three to go and then on to the rest of the interior.

I cringed when I saw the doors all cut up. Since all 4 doors on my P5 are dented to hell.

Back