rain water leaks

bullseye

:
CX9 Grand Tournig
Hello all,
I have an '07 AWD for about 2 years or so, and I am getting water under the drivers carpet(soaking through). Just started this spring. I can't see anything dripping, no marks from the fire wall. Has anyone had this type of problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Mark,

These is a plug from under the chassis (near driver position, behind a heat shield). If it gets blocked by dirt, the water has no where to drain and it could get into the carpet.
Search the forum for the step by step fix.

did you check to see if CX-9 AC drain is clogged (see Youtube video link)

Hello all,
I have an '07 AWD for about 2 years or so, and I am getting water under the drivers carpet(soaking through). Just started this spring. I can't see anything dripping, no marks from the fire wall. Has anyone had this type of problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I just went thru the same problem two weeks ago, also just started when the weather got hot and I ran the AC
My driver side and passenger side carpet was soaked. And also when I made hard turns I can actually hear the blower fan blades hitting the water and actually saw water dripping from the passenger side panel

I took it to the dealer and they said it was a clogged AC drain and the water was the condensation coming from the AC unit.

It's a very easy fix and they just fixed it for free. You have to get under the car (wear safety glasses) and look for the silver heatshield, take off one 10mm bolt and slightly bend the heatshield slightly and look for a white flange. shoot some compressed air into it the drain hole and prepare for ~ 1 gallon of water to shower you.

A fellow forum member was good enough to take a video of the CX-9 AC drain plug location:

http://youtu.be/WPl8xXLctOI

also check sunroof .... clogged drains ?

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Hi Mark,

do you have a sunroof ? if so, maybe check the drains are not clogged ?
sorry I don't know the exact locations, but I've attached a Mazda picture to show approximate locations
looks like there are four drains ?

sunroof drains.jpg

Also I found this online

http://repairpal.com/water-damage-to-body-control-module-438

the CX-9 BCM (Body Control Module) is right by the driver A pillar so if sunroof drain is clogged the BCM is toast
I'm going to test by pouring 1/2 cup of water from sunroof and see if it comes down under the CX-9

Does anybody have actual pictures of the sunroof drains or how to unclog them ? thx

Latest posts

Back