Rain water leaks into 2011 MX-5 PRHT interior

AMIKOREKT

:
2011 Mazda MX-5 : 2004 Honda Pilot : 2003 Honda CR-V
I have taken it to the dealer three times to get fixed under warranty. Not fixed yet. Water collects on right side of the trunk or in the roof well. Worse wetness led to wet on the right side passenger floor.

Any ideas? Only 4000 miles on the car. Got its first door ding while being serviced for this, in the dealer parking lot.

Windows get fogged up from the water inside the car and all surfaces damp.

I am back to the dealer on Monday. I am frustrated. The car had been on the dealer lot for a year when I bought it, and I attributed the moisture under the CHMSL lens to the (idiot) dealership parking it on the grass. Now I wonder if the leak predates my purchase (new) and was hidden through the summer and fall by daily top down driving drying the car out. Or a gasket shrunk in the winter cold? That's unlikely.

What are my rights in this situation? I feel the car has lost value due to this.

(Yes it is stored outside, without a cover. No, I do not store it with the top down.)

Regards,

Ami Korech

Well Ami, it seems it is time to go to the corporate level of Mazda with this issue and do it now! This great little car has such a great following, the suits at the top don't want anyone broadcasting issues such as yours to potential buyers of the car that is keeping Mazda afloat right now! Be sure you give them as much info on your dealership experiences backed up with copies of any paperwork that you have on the subject. The written word still has power and folks at the top most likely will get you some good help to your problem. I have done this on many occasions with wonderful results!

2011 leaking PRHT

Mine just started doing the same and they are claiming not a warranty repair. Did you get any resolution on this?
Scott

Back