Racing Beat Power Pulse CX-5 Exhaust

Voda Pas

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 & 2012 Mazda 5
Did you guys see this yet?

http://www.racingbeat.com/CX5/Exhaust-Components/75200.html

I did a search but didn't come up with any other listings so sorry if this is a redundant post. Anyhow, I'm pretty excited about this. Originally, I had no plans to modify the exhaust (except for the tips) on my CX-5. But, that engine really does have a nice growl to it when you get in the throttle and is a pussy cat when you're not. If RB's exhaust doesn't drone as they claim I think it would be nice to hear that growl a little more cleary and the tips are the best looking I've seen yet.

I knew this had to be coming since they were on all the SEMA/LA Car Show CX-5's. I do think it's odd they only list this as being for the 2.0. There's no difference in the exhausts between the 2.0 and 2.5 that I've found. Am I missing something?

Just call and ask them about application for the 2.5. They're great folks who make superior products. I've used their exhaust on two Miatas and loved them both.

Oh of that I had no doubt. I was highly impressed by the quality of their parts for the MSP and I have heard nothing but good things about their operation. I didn't mean to sound critical. Like I said, I just found it odd that it only lists for the 2.0 even though the fitment should be for either engine. I'm guessing they developed it for the 2.0 and since they haven't been able to test it on the 2.5 they don't want to sell it with claims of no droning in case the 2.5 has a totally different sound with it.

There's a short youtube clip of this exhaust on a 2.5 and it sounded great, but that was just revving while in park. I'd link it, but I can't hit youtube from work.

The quality of RB products are second to none. Very high grade steel and the tig welds are superb in every application.

Granted the power increase is almost non existent, I would love to hear a comparison between this and the CorkSport. I can't imagine the mounts and the piping to be any different between the 2.0 and 2.5, as everything on the chassis and drivetrain is modular.

The quality of RB products are second to none. Very high grade steel and the tig welds are superb in every application.

Granted the power increase is almost non existent, I would love to hear a comparison between this and the CorkSport. I can't imagine the mounts and the piping to be any different between the 2.0 and 2.5, as everything on the chassis and drivetrain is modular.

I wonder if its lighter than stock too...

I like the fact that they do not mess with the mid section pipe of the exhaust system. Too often aftermarket manufactures replace this mid section with a larger diameter pipe, which hurts low end torque. Loosing any low end torque in the 2.0 is the last thing this SUV needs. I think the price is par for the quality of the muffler with welded tailpipes and economies of scale involved with so few CX5 vehicles on the road.

We should try and get a group deal what you guys think
+1

mazdacx5urban004.jpg

552925_138795266303802_2035610657_n.jpg

47979_138795269637135_1973499998_n.jpg

32631_138795259637136_650158458_n.jpg

3643_138795292970466_1791702099_n.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly how they should have looked from the factory. I can't wait till mine gets here!

Back