Racing Beat CBE for MS3?

copperkid

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Sunlight Silver
Racing Beat CBE for MS3 anyone!

Has anyone heard or seen this exhaust system for the MS3? Its made by Racing Beat in California.

71204L1.jpg

71204L.jpg

MS3%20Demo.jpg

http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda_3.htm

Last edited:
I like the twin pipe look, but I won't be paying $600 for a catback. Maybe if they offered just the rear axle back twin for cheap it might interest me.

Damn RB, if it was a single tip I'd be all over this like white on rice. RB is famous for impeccable build and sound quality in the RX-7 & Miata communities, good to see they're serious about the other Mazda's in the family.

racing beats stuff is quality. sound wise it will really only deepen the tone slightly, but i wouldnt be surprised if there was a nice gain that comes out of that exhaust.

Racing beat is all about function.

i think that system looks great.

Ok Racing Beat responded back to my email requesting more pictures and sound clips.

Here it is

"Here is a link to a photo of the system installed on the car:
http://www.racingbeat.com/photos/71204L1.jpg

We've purposely gone to the more conservative side with regards to the tip design, the older "rice rocket" big tip style has gotten rather old. The Dual Tip style is more European in design is common on many of the luxury sedans and higher performing vehicles.

The sound level output of our system is very modest, the turbo, presilencer and muffler section provide excellent sound absorption. As with most turbo systems, there are no harsh, buzzy, or raspy tones with this exhaust. As the computer has grown to be a more popular method to obtain and share information, many people have requested that we offer sound samples of our exhaust systems for evaluation purposes.
This approach may sound like an easy answer to aid in your evaluation of an exhaust system; we have some serious concerns with offering a sound sample for this purpose. Since every computer system uses different components to reproduce sound, it is highly unlikely that the sound sample will in fact sound like the real exhaust system at all! A sound sample that sounds great on your 5.1 surround-sound audio gaming system, will sound much different to someone else that is listening to the same audio sample on a 2" built-in speaker on their home computer.
Although the sound may be more accurate on a high quality audio system, it is likely that the sample may nasty on a low quality system. Since Racing Beat specifically tunes all of our systems to produce a low, deep, mellow exhaust note, a sound sample that reflects just the opposite is highly undesirable.
Probably the best source for information regarding sound quality would be through not of the many automotive forums that are devoted specifically to the application. People that own our systems, or competing systems, will be more than happy to provide unbiased opinions of the sound quality of a particular system. "

I sent them a return email asking about HP/TQ gains and more detailed questions on how the exhaust sounds.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
I actually like the tips it does have a very unique JDM/Euro appearance going on. I guess I am very partial this system as Racing Beat has been a steady and dedicated mazda tuner for years and years.

I like the twin pipe look, but I won't be paying $600 for a catback. Maybe if they offered just the rear axle back twin for cheap it might interest me.

prus won. I love the dual-tip exhaust look, think it would set off the rear nicely. I would definitely be interested in an axle-back option.

racing beat is the s***, had one on my rx7. Perfect quality. I want sound clips and i might be sold!

PG is stocking them now

Mazda3Online :: ProtegeGarage :: MazdaRX8Online - Your Source for Mazda Performance

Mazda3Online :: ProtegeGarage :: MazdaRX8Online - Your Source for Mazda Performance

Spoke with Mathew up at RPMC and we've worked out the initial order of RPMC turbo inlets for the Mazdaspeed3. We'll be stocking these units now and we've got something in the very short term that will work with and supplement it very well. More on that later.

We've been direct with Racing Beat since the Protege days and I'm a huge fan of the product. I waited six months for thier first Protege5 catback exhaust and loved it. Build quality is phenomenal and sound was the best of any catback I'd tried for that car. I've also run thier springs, carburetor kits, swaybars, clutches and flywheels on my RX7. So you can see, I am a loyal RB guy. The exhaust for the Speed3 is here and it offers a unique take on the MS3 catback. Well worth checking out.

And I bet now that they have a donor car, they're working on some kickass suspension parts too. They did have a Miata run 73.6mph through a slalom afterall. :D

Back