R&T: Long-term 2007 Mazdaspeed3 Modified!

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
Article here.

092620080233481186.jpg

I love those rims, how many people actually got those rims on their speed3's? Man, if they were not crazy expensive, i would get a set.

The lighter wheels alone probably account for 1/3 the gain on the dyno and at least some of the reduction in drag times. But they are expensive! Also, funny that they mention the MS-CAI as being piece of mind that your engine won't blow up as compared to the aftermarket. I know at least one guy had his CAI taken away by the dealer and refunded and they still aren't selling any new CAI's allegedly due to the potential for lean spots. Aside from the unofficial warranty coverage with the MS-CAI, I'd feel safer having the CP-e or Cobb or even the AEM!

Those wheels are sweeet, and are crazy expensive. I am either going to get a set of RX8's or those if I can talk myself into it. Good article too. You can spend that 5k on aftermarket parts, and do a lot better then .2 !!!

according to the may 07 car & driver. the modded car is SLOWER. (0-60 5.4) ( 1/4mi. 14.0 101mph.)

Apples to oranges. Two different cars, driven by two different drivers on two different days. What were their numbers for the 2007 when it was stock? They don't seem to have them or at least I can't find them when they originally tested that car. R&T used a different MS3 (silver) when they compared it to the GTI, Civic Si and Mini Cooper S. The dyno doesn't lie though.

I love those rims, how many people actually got those rims on their speed3's? Man, if they were not crazy expensive, i would get a set.

I have those wheels. I almost backed out because when I orderd them, they only had two in stock, other two were on back order with no release date. They look so much better in person and they're significantly lighter. I'm glad I went with them.

Back