Quick Stereo System Question

Okay from my other car i believe i had an mtx 400watt amp and a mtx 700 watt amp

And two alpine type R 12"s ....

Would i be able to hook all of this up to my two amps and have it sound really great? i mean the speakers stock sound GOOD/GREAT and i dont want to remove the stereo in there so i am wondering if the stock stereo will be able to do that or wouldnt be able to hook up to that?

there have been a few threads about this..

it seems that the group concensus is that your best bet in keeping the stock head is to get a good hi lo converter and run the amp out of that. That's what I'm going to do anyway. Infinity Kappa components are perfect for the front door speakers, and I believe they also make a speaker (5x7 I believe???) that fits the rear door nicely.

that's what i'm planning to do when i get my 3.. got a 800W amp and a pair of Rockford 12"s.

according to crutchfield.com, the Mazda3 has 6x8's in the doors

stealth915 said:
that's what i'm planning to do when i get my 3.. got a 800W amp and a pair of Rockford 12"s.

according to crutchfield.com, the Mazda3 has 6x8's in the doors

everywhere else I've read they've said 5x7.. which isn't a problem because 6x8 still fits, you just have to make room for the bigger cone and use a different mounting system. that's all.

You have to lower the power through the wire. You can't ("shouldn't") run speaker outputs out of your radio straight into an amp *Unless*the amp has a hi/lo CONVERTOR built into it, which probably isn't real likely. You have to lower the power of the speaker wires before they go into the amp.
Front and rear speaker holes are the same. both sizes will work fine.
Jeff, Ohio

3zoom3 the above poster seanmcsean made note of the fact u need a hi-low level converter.

get a quality converter and it will sound just as good as a aftermarket headunit, get a cheap one and youlle regret it. if your amps have a built in crossover you can try hooking the stock speakers up the your 400 watt amp but i have a feeling they won't last very long. don't worry about an eq just get the basics taken care of. id highly suggest looking into some aftermarket speakers to keep up with your subs.

sndsgood said:
3zoom3 the above poster seanmcsean made note of the fact u need a hi-low level converter.

get a quality converter and it will sound just as good as a aftermarket headunit, get a cheap one and youlle regret it. if your amps have a built in crossover you can try hooking the stock speakers up the your 400 watt amp but i have a feeling they won't last very long. don't worry about an eq just get the basics taken care of. id highly suggest looking into some aftermarket speakers to keep up with your subs.
Has anyone else had noise problems after installing their system? What did you do to get rid of it?

seanmcsean said:
yeah, navone makes the best one out there right now.. I'm not positive, but this is what you probably need in terms of a high lo filter. http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-774
I know, I've actually been communicating with him to try to get rid of it. The noise is like a very fast clicking sound coming from my tweeters. It's not from my amps, it's basically coming from either the factory HU or the EQ in the front. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like it's in time with the ignition spikes.

that would annoy me.. when he gives you a solution let me know.. the only thing I'm really concerned with is attempting to upgrade the stock speakers and amp them while keeping the OEM head unit.. the high lo converter and amp combo seemed to be the best way to do that, though as you said, the only downfall may be that clicking sound!

yac2727 said:
I know, I've actually been communicating with him to try to get rid of it. The noise is like a very fast clicking sound coming from my tweeters. It's not from my amps, it's basically coming from either the factory HU or the EQ in the front. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like it's in time with the ignition spikes.

Try a ground loop isolator.

yeah i have aftermarket speakers allready from my previous car i could stash those in and pick up like 2 more for the backs or something, if my amps have the crossover or if i buy one in it, is it still as good as having a seperate unit for the eq or using the amp for the EQ?>

Back