Quick question for those running Corksport intercooler hose kits

Rusty Buns

:
03.5 MSP , 04 MSM (titanium X2)
I've been looking at getting a set of them and then learned about relocating the MAF to the cold pipe. I suppose it wouldn't be as easy as cutting out a section and clamping in the MAF... that's too easy, right?

On a slightly related note: does anyone know the diameter of the CS piping kit? I'm asking because I would splice in a BOV adapter if it was possible.

Thanks!

If you want to add a BOV don't get the corksport kit. You can get a complete piping kit with clamps and couplers for under $100 on ebay and make it yourself and add your BOV and relocate the MAF the right way. Or take it a step further and get an FMIC core and make a fmic setup because that's the only way to go in the long run.

Hornsfan pretty much summed it up. On the other hand Corksport intercooler pipes have treated me well for the past 6 months without any issues. I believe the diameter is 2.25 inches. Google it!(blowup)

Just an additional plug for cx racing on ebay. I think I spebt $150 on all my intercooler and piping. Then misc silicon clamps after the fact. I have the 29/27*x 6x2.5 core. 2.25 piping and seems to work just fine at stock atp boost.
Ill be replacing it soon with wta but no fault of thr setup. I just don't wanna cut the car to route hotpipe or delete washer bottle as most kits would have you do.

Just an additional plug for cx racing on ebay. I think I spebt $150 on all my intercooler and piping. Then misc silicon clamps after the fact. I have the 29/27*x 6x2.5 core. 2.25 piping and seems to work just fine at stock atp boost.

Do you happen to have any pics of that? I'd love to see how it was done and I'm not above doing it myself.

Sorry, should have specified. I found the how-to thread but I'm still reading through the 70 pages of replies. Just wanted more input is all.

Now back to reading those 70 pages...

Last edited:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123759220-How-To-Ebay-FMIC
this thread

and this is my setup

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...To-Ebay-FMIC&p=5576951&viewfull=1#post5576951

dont mind the bad techno welds. they aint pretty but they havent leaked in 3 years. when i do my water/air ill just use couplers like everyone else.
My setup just runs the hotpipe under the rad support bar in the front. not ideal at all, but i used a 90 rubber elbow there so that is what gets crushed and not pipe. I dont crush it THAT often but i have to be mindful of it on curbs.
that thread has a lot of ways to run the tubing. most involve deleting the washer bottle. Mien has been empty for almsot a year so i suppose i could delete it, but i want to keep the front original if i can. thus my desire to do the liquid intercooler thing.
id pick up one of the kits that thread recommends and buy a pipe with a flange for the blow off valve you want to run already installed. you might have to make a few cuts but its no big deal.
the only modification i had to make to mount the intercooler was cutting the tabs off the front spoiler. i used the stock brackets that came with the intercooler. I was originally going to drill through the crash bar but that is some SERIOUSLY hard bar..

Last edited:
"reply 319" I would have gotten there eventually! (thumb)

I'd like to keep my bottle as well so I'm trying to get more ideas on how to do it. Hornsfan is right, I'll be doing a FMIC anyway so I might as well do it right the 1st time. Honestly, I bought this damn thing to be my daily driver and I've been spending more time buying parts and tinkering with it than working on my MSM! Seriously, I need to upgrade the FMIC on the MSM but it's much easier on that car. Just cut the pipes and insert bigger intercooler then fab up brackets.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm a blank slate when it comes to this little MSP!

alternately, you could just upgrade the SMIC and run the weapon r hardpipes. for a daily driver that is probably plenty. to make an fmic fit nicely you need to cut the car, or pray you can get your hands on a turbolife fmic. these diys work just fine too, just no support as far as installing on your car lol. I think enough people around here have done it there should be no hangups for you =)

I thought about upgrading the SMIC but the cost is pretty high. Looking at about $400 for the IC and around $300 for the hardpipes (obviously used parts would be less). But $600+ for that route or around $200 and some of my time I can just go FMIC and be done with it. Hell, upgrading the MSM will just be the cost of the ebay intercooler. Really need to get on that project soon as it's the 2nd to last upgrade on that car (last is the BEGi flashed ECU). Already has the upgraded pipes, intake, downpipe+exhaust...blah blah blah.

I'm no stranger to the forced induction game:
DS9wa.jpg

It's just been a long, LONG time since I've done anything like it. Also, I should get off my ass and bring that car out here. It can be street legal here instead of just a track car in California. But it's honestly a pain to drive. The cage makes it a b**** to get in and out, the seats don't recline, and I often would forget to shut the door before snapping into the harness! (hand)

I posted my setup in that thread, it will answer all your questions you just have to read it. You can cut a hole next to the radiator if you don't want to delete the washer bottle and there is plenty of room on the driver's side for the piping to run around so you can use a full size radiator instead of replacing the expensive stock one. You will also probably need some slim fans to make things easier, you may be able to fit a 14" fan but I know for sure 12" fans will fit.

Yeah, I went through all 70 pages and got all the info I need to make a plan. Lots of good pics to help out as well.

Back