Questions

Matsuda03

I just bought an 03 P5. We were looking for a 5-speed but the right one ended up being an auto. Some questions:

Previous owner ran only synthetic oil. Should I continue the tradition?

Is there any harm in driving in the manual-shift mode frequently?

I'm interested in prolonging the life of the transmission- should I use synthetic trans fluid?

Thanks!

wrong section dude. but i hear that once you run a synthetic you can never go back to regular oil this might be the parts house just pulling the consumers chain though.

I just bought an 03 P5. We were looking for a 5-speed but the right one ended up being an auto. Some questions:

Previous owner ran only synthetic oil. Should I continue the tradition?

Is there any harm in driving in the manual-shift mode frequently?

I'm interested in prolonging the life of the transmission- should I use synthetic trans fluid?

Thanks!

1-yes definately

2-no,i drive mine on the manual almost every day

3-yes synthetic protect better,longer life,and cooler operation...worth the money...

wrong section dude. but i hear that once you run a synthetic you can never go back to regular oil this might be the parts house just pulling the consumers chain though.

thats a myth,not true at all,all oils are compatable if they are sae approved,same grade...

see i work at a garage and i asked my dad if it mattered and he said he didnt pay any attention to that but that is what they told me when i was buying my oil.

Back