Questions on lowering my 3

NTIMD8R

:
2004 Black Mica Mazda 3s 5-door & 2004 Black Onyx Mazda 6s sedan
My shocks are all worn out at 72,000 miles and I'm looking to replace them all with a set of Koni sports on my daily driver 2004 Mazda 3 5-door. While I'm at it I was thinking of lowering my car (mild drop) with a Eibach pro-kit but I have a few questions...

1. I heard or read somewhere that the Mazdaspeed lowering spring kit is exactly the same as the Eibach pro-kit. Is this true?

2. What else do I need to get back to factory alignment specs after lowering the car? I know I'll need rear camber links, but if I get the pro-kit, will the Mazdaspeed rear camber links (like the ones that come with the Mazdaspeed spring kit) work fine with it or do I need adjustable ones (SBC)?

3. What about the front? I saw that Eibach has a "Pro Alignment Kit" for the front. Is this really necessary? Has anyone else needed to get one of these kits to get their 3 back to factory alignment specs or is this for more adjustability on the track?

I'm just trying to make a list of things to buy. My mind is made up on the Koni Sports. However, if the Mazdaspeed springs are the same as the pro-kit, then I can get them cheaper as a kit with the rear camber links than I can a pro-kit with rear camber links separately. Hopefully I won't need the "Pro Alignment Kit."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

yes, the mazdaspeed accessory springs are pretty much relabeled pro-kit. With that mild drop it is not necessary that you get camber links for the back but if you can get the mazdaspeed links it will bring the cars camber right where it is right now. Any drop more than about 1.5 will require camber links but with the pro-kit you SHOULD be right within specs. For the front you don't need a camber kit. Our camber is adjustable in the front to a certain extent so you will be fine there.

yes, the mazdaspeed accessory springs are pretty much relabeled pro-kit. With that mild drop it is not necessary that you get camber links for the back but if you can get the mazdaspeed links it will bring the cars camber right where it is right now. Any drop more than about 1.5 will require camber links but with the pro-kit you SHOULD be right within specs. For the front you don't need a camber kit. Our camber is adjustable in the front to a certain extent so you will be fine there.

he pretty much covered it. (yippy)

yep, i had the OEM mazdaspeed springs then skunk2 springs and now i will have pro-kit on my car so before i chose the skunk2's i researched a lot. This is going to be my official user name "mazda32008" was awkward for when i went to meets since this is what my screen name is on the other forums.(drinks)

Thanks for everyone's help/advice! I got sweet deals on the Koni sports from Ken at Protege Garage and the Mazdaspeed lowering springs and rear camber link kit from Montgomery Mazda in NC.

Will install both this spring (if I can wait that long!), as winters here in Nebraska are quite messy!

Back