Questions about the MSP

It does have low mileage. Check to see if the LSD was replaced or not. If it was and everything runs fine and you keep it stock then its a good car. Otherwise that can be costly depending on your mechanical inclination. The front motor mount should also be replaced.

I dont think it was the car shows that it was maintained up to the 50,000 miles what happened the next 8k idk

the dealer had 2 mp3 but they were more money and had more miles they were newer though. i really wanted to try and get an mp5 but i cant find any with the amount im working with right now

Mp3 is worth less and was made in 2001 msp was made in 03 and no protgs in the us were made after 03. After 2003 they were replaced with the Mazda 3

Also there were 1500 mp3's made and 4,500 msp's I doubt one dealer has 2 mp3's for sale. If they do take and post a picture

I wouldn't buy the Yellow car in the link, at least not for 8k. I wouldn't be surprised if the gauge cluster was swapped, that steering wheel has more than 60k miles worth of damage to it and the car has a Protege5 front bumper cover not the original MSP bumper so it has likely been wrecked.

I wouldn't buy the Yellow car in the link, at least not for 8k. I wouldn't be surprised if the gauge cluster was swapped, that steering wheel has more than 60k miles worth of damage to it and the car has a Protege5 front bumper cover not the original MSP bumper so it has likely been wrecked.

Noticed all that and the "custom" exhaust and rusting IC piping. $4k maybe, $8k run away. If you're looking for cheap fun in mazda look into a protege5, sedan or an Mz3 with a 2.3 if a miata isn't up your alley. You won't get all the turbo fun but it'll be reliable and give you good mpg's on 87 octane and take well to handling mods.

Miata is a fun car and it will get you places cheaply, but it really becomes a pain if you need to transport anything larger than an overnight bag.
MSP is a good car, but can be a pain in its own way. I would stay away from the one in the pictures, clusters are easy to swap. Look for other signs of wear. Steering wheel is a good indicator, it looks way older. Engine bay looks pretty bad, like the person didnt know what he was doing.

Back