Questions about markup

I am thinking about getting a mazdaspeed3 and I was at the dealership and the salesmen wouldn't stop pushing, so I was inside talking about price and he told me 24550 was the lowest they could go on the 08 GT. That doesn't seem right to me because people on here paid way less for theirs. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the markup is on these cars and if there is anything special you did to get the price you did. Thanks! (help)

$23k before TTL. And this was for an '08.5 a few months ago before the '09s arrived. The '08 your looking at is already last year's model. You can do better than what I did.

Shop through e-mails and avoid the salesmen at the dealer. Contact several dealers and ask for web quotes. You can get one for under invoice. I got a sport for $500 under invoice.

I paid invoice for my 08.5 GT ...and got them to give me 5 free oil changes.. not that I have used em .. but i figured why not lol

<---- runs AMSOIL full synth

i paid 23800 for my 2008.5 with 1400 miles on it (was a demo). i dont think 24k is that bad. the car is a limited production car and you might not find to many dealers that have the car in stock. my dealer only had 1 red one in stock and i wanted black so they had the get it from north florida and have it sent to miami for me.

i got my 2008.5 Metro Grey GT for 23301 total out the door including title and fee's (no tax because NH people don't pay sales tax)

bottom line is you can get a better deal then what you were offered...you just may need to shop different dealers...

Yeah I tried the email thing. About 5 different dealers and I got one of them down to 22675 on a touring. So I guess it's always better to email them. Thanks for all the help.

also check to see if your work is associated with Ford and is offered the S-plan discount. took about $1,400 off the price of my speed.

Back