Question on Strut Tower Bar

XCmegaman

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Hi everybody! this is my first post and I'm very excited to be here. I've been browsing considerably and absorbing your "knowledge" and opinions/likes/etc. for a few days now.
I'm happy to be here and hope to keep learning from you guys.

So I've been driving the new 2.5Skyactiv GT AWD 2016.5 since last March and I love it. First time CX-5 owner here. and I can't wait to start playing with it like LEGOS

One of the first simple add-ons I would like, would be a front strut bar. Unfortunately, it seems my options are limited. It seems that no reputable company will confirm proper fit. I've already contacted Ultra Racing (they said no) and Tanabe (still waiting for a response).

Why don't more companies make one? Any recommendations?

They probably say that because they haven't tested ot; the placements are the same all on all cx5s. The ultra racing (one piece) should fit fine.

Okay. I'm just worried because they said since i have the 2.5, that their bar "only fits the 2.0 engine"

still seems like a gamble... a $140-160 gamble

That's odd because the body is the same. I put the STB on my 2015 2.5 CX-5 after it was on a 2013 2.p0op.. along with a bunch of other suspension parts.

You make an excellent argument. If you transferred the STB to the 2.5, then I shouldn't have any problems.

Thank you very much.

did you buy yours from Amazon? eBay?
any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my ultra racing bar from ebay. I used these people (ultra_racing_in_stock), direct form Malaysia which is where UR is based out of https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
I also used someone else for some of the other bar but I can't remember. there may be better pricing from other sellers, but I know that seller is selling legitimate product (important because each bar has it's own S/N)

Didn't mean to add that into your post. I was on my phone that was a mistake.

Eh, that bar costs more and is multiplepiece and aluminum. I'd pick a solid bar. Autoexe/UR (steel)

You guys, noticing a difference with these bars?
A while back I was ready to buy one, but the response I have got is not really worth it.
The towers are way back, close to the firewall and there is a "bar" already, build into the chassy.

Hi everybody! .............................

One of the first simple add-ons I would like, would be a front strut bar. .......................

Mine has a factory strut tower brace. Doesn't yours?

Braces do not have to be strong, or even really stiff. All they have to do is hold alignment. That takes little force/strength. Think of holding a yard stick in the middle to keep it from bowing. A couple of ounces allows the yard stick to hold up many pounds in compression.

Save your money for stiffer springs and more sophisticated shocks.

That bar is for supporting the cowl trim and stuff. It doesnt link the shock towers like an stb.

So what's the problem with the multiple piece strut bars, the one that the bar and the ends are connected by threaded rods?

I just installed a Beatrush Front Strut Bar on my 2016.5 CX-5 and it fit perfectly.

I purchased it here:
http://www.kamispeed.com/Beatrush-Front-Strut-Bar-Mazda-CX-5-2013-2014-p/br.s85402-fta.htm

I bought the same Beatrush Front Strut Tower Bar from the same website back in late 2015 during the Black Friday sale they were having for 20% off Beatrush products. I ended up paying $174.40, with free shipping and no sales tax. I also ended up buying the Beatrush Lower Tie Bar and and Lower Rear Member Support Bar with the same order.

After I installed, just like any strut tower bars that I have installed on previous vehicles, front end rigidity is improved where I notice better response at higher speeds when turning, making evasive maneuvers, etc.

making evasive maneuvers, etc.
33.jpg

So what's the problem with the multiple piece strut bars, the one that the bar and the ends are connected by threaded rods?

The bolted connections have to be loose for assembly. The looseness defeats the purpose of having a brace because the structure can move a few thousandths before the slop is taken up, the exact thing you are trying to prevent.

Latest posts

Back