Question for those with more experience then me

hcbr929rr2

:
2012 Mustang 5.0/2004 Corvette ZO6
So i installed my jbr rmm and my cobb intake this morning, been driving around all day watching my afr and fuel pressure, afr is great and fuel pressure is sitting at around 1700 at WOT, i would like to install an HTP TIP, a Forge v1 BPV, and a UR catback, think i can get away with those before a fuel pump if its running as strong as it is with the sri on it already? Thoughts?

Can you get away with it? Sure. Are you gambling? Hell yeah. If you don't mind the risk, have at it. Of course the risk is you blow your motor and pay a couple thousand to fix it. Warranty will not be paying for it. Why not get the internals first? Don't do it ass backwards just because you want instant results. Why not just do it right an eliminate worry?

You can also go without car insurance and odds are you'll probably be fine. But what if you're wrong?

True, i guess i was just under the impression that as long as my fuel pump was strong the internals werent needed until a downpipe or more boost

anybody that is modding their car is taking the risk that it might break something...I have a SRI and TIP installed and i am fine. I don't monitor fuel pressure. But it should be noted that you should not need a different bpv unless yours is leaking or are pushing for more boost and you are not going to get alot of gains from a catback. I would get fuel pump internals and the TIP now. What are you using the monitor fuel pressure? if it is a AP then you are already half way towards big gains once you get the internals.

I'm using the android program Torque, i see what we're saying here, I'm gonna order the fp internals and some h & r springs next, then i'll do the ap and a tip, after some more research that seems to be the safer route

Don't forget to add a RMM. It will be one of the mods that make the most difference over all others. Your car will feel completely different and for only $125. It's my first mod for my 2012 MS3. Was the last mod I did on my 07 and I immediately regretted not getting it first. Zero risk too.

OP, there are no issues with what you have, I had a CS SRI/TIP and UR catback on for a long time before I did anything else. As Somno points out, get the RMM on quickly as possible.

Then I would do the following:
AP (phone program does not cut it moving forward)
Fuel Pump replace or internals replacement
IC upgrade (I went FM, had a TM upgrade, heat soak was still bad) - Change Map
DP/TP modification - Change Map
Think about a plug change for the summer, step colder and gapped properly.

Now the fun starts.
IM PnP, change out the seals, EGR delete, 3 or 3.5 bar MAP sensor upgrade (this is next weekend for me) - Modify map for MAP change out
EM modification, BT swap, Intake swap (parts are in hand) - Modify the hell out of the map, starting with minimual boost and rich as can be, to avoid the ZOOM ZOOM BOOM, clamp the boost/AFR/timing to a reasonable numbers until a full build can be done
Meth is sitting around and will go on shortly, this will be just another safeguard, in other words I will not lean it out much for this fuel adder.

Have fun, modding is just like crack, once you start, can't stop, the nice thing is there are more options for the GENPU than there were.

I love this car, there is someone who has done 700whp on this platform, yes, severly modified but 700whp nonetheless.

Back