Question for dealers

Question for you...

Hi and good luck with your purchase. I am on my second Mazda myself....love Mazda's. Question....Did they mention what options were available if you ordered an '07? I am holding out for '07's myself since I heard they are adding leather and a couple other items. I ordered my current 2004 Mazda RX8 to my specifications when it came out but the time I ordered(End of July) it was already known what options there were. I think around August they know more about the 07's.....I figure they will have most of the kinks worked out and have more options....I'd wait for the 07's unless it's a great deal! Always try to buy at the end of the month, they are trying to get their quota's for the month so they will deal more with you. If you have a trade, negotiate you car price first. You should be able to get invoice or close to it I would think.....about $700-1000 off MSRP. Car sales are slow and they are hurting and want to sell cars....don't necessarily believe that they won't sell for invoice just because it's a newer, hot car...they are still making money. I buy cars every 2-3 years...not a smart way to go but I have an insatiable desire for cars and I am female if you can believe that! I waited about 12 weeks when I ordered my car...came from Japan. Good luck.

jandree22 said:
Alright, new development. First of all, the initial dealer pissed us off yet again... the *new* salesperson through email contact setup an appointment for last night(after changing the appointment from Friday as she said someone's now coming in for a Mz3 delivery then), we went all out of our way to rush all around after work, get my trade-in washed, eat fast food, and finally made it there.... and she had left for the day. When we found that out, we were of course pissed and didn't care and just wanted to work with ANYONE at that point... but they were somewhat unwelcoming and basically told us to call her and figure out a new time to come in. They copied their work schedules for me, and I saw that she's marked "Off" on Friday too! WTF?! I walked out, livid.

All that being said, we're taking that all as a sign of how business is run there and pretty sure we gave up with them and are moving to a new dealer. We stopped into Ladd Hanford Mazda last night after we left Faulkner and talked with a salesperson for a few minutes. We're going back to meet with the sales manager tonight, as he's the one who handles the ordering of new cars. Here's the question, they are saying they can order 2007 Mazda5's now, but don't have firm pricing on them yet. Would it be a dumb move to believe this and move forward putting $500 deposit down? It's a small, slow paced dealership, and I actually think I trust these guys... plus they said they'll give me KBB for my trade which is a big plus there. I guess the worst case scenario they'd charge me MSRP, but I kinda doubt they'd do that to me... some dealerships maybe, but a smaller slow paced one like this? I dunno. What do you take of this?

cruz, if you buy every 2-3 years, why not just lease? ;)

I'll report back if I hear anything about new options for '07. I've heard the rumors of the GT trim being added on this site, so we'll see if they say anything about that.

Sounds to me like the second place is the way to go. I don't think the other dealer took you seriously. AFAIK, there's not really any pricing info on the '07's yet. If you're dead set against paying MSRP and want to set a price now, then set up a deal where you'll give a deposit as long as you have in writing from a manager that you agree to pay _% over invoice, whatever that may be on the car you pick out. If you pre-order a car, forget about going in at the end of the month etc... since they'll have your money. Try to set up everything you can now, short of a credit app since that'll be void when you take delivery.

Whamo!(bowdown)
mazda5Order.jpg

In case you don't know what that is, it's an order for a new Mazda5!!! I ended up going with the new dealership, Ladd Hanford. I dealt with the sales manager... must've been in his low 30's, VERY nice guy, down to earth and personable. As you can see I ordered a Mazda5 Touring 5spd, Whitewater Pearl Mica, DVD, and Sirius. I DID NOT haggle at all and the first price he gave me was $20,500!(shocked) In addition to that, he quoted a little MORE than KBB for my trade! I could not in good conscious battle with this deal. Add $1,000 cash down and out the door it'd be $399/mo. Now, he showed me the lastest news release or whatever from Mazda and it said flat out '07 pricing available at a later date. That's fine though, he quoted me the 20,500 at today's 06 pricing, and sounded very genuine at doing whatever it takes to keep payments at or near the $399 mark even if prices increase a tad for the 07. He also didn't make me place any deposit... he said if I decide to back out it's okay, he'll just put it on the lot. I know it's possible for him to jack the pricing on me later on, but I can read this guy enough to really doubt he would, I definately trust him.

Ladd Hanford of Lebanon, PA.... A++ experience so far!(first)

Last edited:
Glad to hear that not everyone out there is making us look like bad guys. +rep for you not being greedy either.

Well, I have leased before but the hubby wanted to purchase my current car. He wants me to hang on to it for at least 4 years or pay it off but I am so car crazy I only last about 2-3 years...I drive him nuts. Great to hear about your M5 order....great color....that's the color I want...I just want leather too. It's exciting but it's a killer waiting for it....at least it was for me when I wanted my RX 8. Sounds like a good deal and good experience! :)

jandree22 said:
cruz, if you buy every 2-3 years, why not just lease? ;)

I'll report back if I hear anything about new options for '07. I've heard the rumors of the GT trim being added on this site, so we'll see if they say anything about that.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... The dealer does have confirmation from Mazda (I saw the document with my own two eyes) that 2007 will welcome in the Grand Touring trim for the Mazda5. He didn't dive into nitty gritty details, but the two key upgrades are Heated Leather Seats and Xenon HID Headlights. As mentioned, pricing was not available yet, sorry...

There was a rumor about using a 5spd auto now too... Not sure whether or not it's happening though.

Not that it matters to me anyway, but a 5AT would do wonders for this car! Hopefully it's more than a rumor...

When we were shopping for our 5, our salesperson did say that for 07, Mazda is going to offer the GS with side curtain and side airbags! Only problem is you wouldn't get delivery until at least september or October, if you ordered now!

^^^ This is basically the case with me. I just ordered one down here in the states, and my delivery date is late August to September.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever understand why car manufacturers cut costs with safety features.

Last edited:
Back