question about tire size?

whitemazda

:
white mazda protege es
im new to the forum and i apologize in advance for this question if its already been asked. i have a 2002 mazda protege es with a 1 1/2" drop on the front and a 2" drop on the rear. the factory tire size is a 195/50/16 and im wondering what is the tallest and widest tire i can put on this car before it rubs anywhere. the stock 195/50/16 is a very un common size and kind of hard to find in my area. thanks in advance for your replies

idk why youd want a tall tire but i put a 225 on and its stupid wide. its for track though, looks like s***. just go with a 205 45

thanks ajkulish. you wouldnt happen to have a pic of a front and rear view of your car so i can get an idea how wide they are? is that your mazda in your reply?

that is one sweet ride christopher. im currently running stock wheels (kinda like em, odd i know) but the 195/50/16's i think look funny. they are two narrow. the hieght is ok with me with the 1 1/2" drop in front and 2" drop in rear but i want as wide as i can get with the stock wheels. it would have to look better than the stock size.

215/35/18's as well..... I would reccomend a bigger tire and smaller rims.... like 17 with a 45 tire for comfort... Also a +42 or higher offset.

I need 18's and a +38 offset to fit my brakes so that is what I am running now.

Rob

ill show some pics of my track set up tomorrow or when i can get to it. but trust me you dont want it

ok ajkulish, if your pretty sure i dont want it ill take your word for and save ya the trouble of posting pics

yuck
20110612150036.jpg

20110620160221.jpg

only my front tires are 225 50 16. rears are 205 55 16

pics dont do it any justice. it looks worse in person. youd be alot better going with a 205 45 16. thatd be nice and square, and still a good amount of rubber on the road. also, 225's rub the inside fender......

a 205/45/16 is probably what ill go with. which would look better? a 205/45/16 or a 205/50/16? i want the widest tire possible for looks with out rubbing anywhere.

the 45 will have a slightly shorter sidewall. and the 50 will be slightly taller. it really depends on how tall you want the tire

between ajkulish and christopher col, i think ill go with the 205/45's. ill post a pic when i get it cleaned up and the new tires on it. it my take me a while to do that but i will.. thanks guys for sticking with me and helping me out. is there a section for just photos of everybodies rides thats on here, like a gallery?

it really all depends on the offset of the rim. i have stock rx-7 wheels on my which are 16x8. and my tires are 205/40/16. i had rubbing on both my fronts and rears. depending on your offset. you could always look to spacers too. thats what i did in the rear

Back