Question about Mazda3 2.5 factory

joloriquelme

:
2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT 2.5 AWD
Hi

Here in Chile, Mazda just put on sale the Mazda3 GT with 2.5L engine, Sedan and Hatchback. Since mid-2014 to now only offered 2.0L versions.

Now it's only on pre-orders, so we haven't any information about the car's factory source. All 2.0L I understand are made in Mexico, but I was searching over the Web and found out that it appears that the 2.5L are still being assembled in Hofu, Japan.

My question is where are the 2.5L being made at this time. Are still made in Japan or now it's being assembled in Mexico, like the 2.0L?

Thank you very much. Cheers!

Hi

Here in Chile, Mazda just put on sale the Mazda3 GT with 2.5L engine, Sedan and Hatchback. Since mid-2014 to now only offered 2.0L versions.

Now it's only on pre-orders, so we haven't any information about the car's factory source. All 2.0L I understand are made in Mexico, but I was searching over the Web and found out that it appears that the 2.5L are still being assembled in Hofu, Japan.

My question is where are the 2.5L being made at this time. Are still made in Japan or now it's being assembled in Mexico, like the 2.0L?

Thank you very much. Cheers!
I just got my 2015 Mazda 3s (2.5L) Touring Hatchback with 6-speed manual transmission about a month ago and it was made in Hofu, Japan.

I assume they're still being made in Japan. The final assembly location of a car isn't representative of where the whole car was manufactured. Sometimes, the only thing they do at the assembly plant is the interior and the engine.

On the window sticker it says 85% of the cars content is from Japan and 0% is from North America which includes US, Canada, and Mexico. I don't know where the remaining 15% is from the the major components like engine and transmission are from Japan.

my 08 was assembled in japan and the engine was built in japan as well but thats all i know about the assembly origination of my car.

Mazda built two new factories outside Japan. One in Mexico and the other in China.
Mexico factory is to meet demand in America.
China factory is to meet demand in Asia.
AFAIK, all 2.5L variants are still made in Japan (Hofu) - their VIN all starts with "J".

Back